9│Kai

As soon as I walked into our room, Asher and I began to pack our things for the Academy. We were leaving in about 20 minutes so we had to be fast. I did not have many things to bring to the Academy besides a couple of pairs of clothes that I had bought at the market and neither did Asher. Everything we owned could be fit in a single suitcase.

We did not need to buy any uniform for the school because it was free dress which I rejoiced in.

We arrived in the courtyard of the Holy Church. The courtyard was big and many different kinds of flowers were planted there.

At the center of the courtyard stood four people, two of whom I recognized.

It was the archbishop and his son, Allen otherwise known as the 4th capture target. Besides them stood 2 other priests.

The archbishop was around 40 years old. He was wearing his priest outfit and somehow he managed to regal in it. I could tell that when he was younger, he was a heart-breaker.

He kindly smiled at us when we approached him.

"School starts tomorrow at 7 a.m. If you have any trouble what so ever, please feel free to contact the church." The archbishop said as he offered us both a necklace.

The necklace was a silver chain with a red ruby at the center of it. I assumed this can be used as a communication device between us and the Holy Church.

"Thank you, archbishop," I said as I politely took the necklace from his outreached hands. Asher followed suit and also thanked him.

The archbishop took a step back and said, "I assume that you both have met my son?"

"Of course, he is my friend," Asher said shyly.

"I never met your son, archbishop, although I have only seen him in passing."

Allen took this opportunity to step forward and offer his hand.

"My name is Allen Walker, the son of the archbishop as well as a first-time student at Thornclaw Royal Academy." He said as he smiled kindly, looking very much like his father when he did so.

I shook his hand and said, "Likewise, my name is Kai Lunao and I was blessed by the Dark Lord."

"Okay, that is enough chit-chat!" The archbishop said. "We are limited on time, you guys need to go."

The priests chanted their teleportation spell and created a portal to Thornclaw Royal Academy. The portal was turquoise in color and Asher, Allen, and I walked into the portal.

When we stepped out, we were at the Thornclaw Royal Academy.

When we got to the school building, it was already nighttime. But, even though it was dark, I could still make out the general shape of the building.

Thornclaw Royal Academy was huge and grand. It was built right after the 1st Holy War between demons and humans by the 1st King and the hero who defeated the Demon King, King Cedric.

The school was magnificently built. It was renovated with gold and silver. It was at least 7 stories tall.

We headed towards the West Wing of the school which was where all the students lived. No matter what your status was, all the rooms were the same size. Everyone was randomly placed in a room completely disregarding status. Everyone would have roommates but it randomly chose between 2 roommates or 1 roommate. Although you had to share the bedrooms, the rooms themselves were big.

We checked in and got our dorm keys as well as the schedule. We were in separate rooms. I got room 509 while Asher and Allen got room 500. I found out that Asher, Allen, and I had all the same classes much to my dismay.

Mana Control

Combat

Literature

Calculus

The History of the 4 Great Kingdoms (The Kingdom of Asten, The Kingdom of Silvan, The Kingdom of Arna and The Kingdom of Rain)

I said goodbye to Asher and Allen and stepped into my dorm room.

I looked around and it was huge! Instead of a tiny dorm room, it was as big as a house!

Quite literally, actually. I thought that it was just going to be one room with some bunk beds but there was a spacious living room, a huge black couch and there were 3 King sized beds!

On further inspection, one of the beds was currently occupied by a handsome figure with dark hair and purple eyes who was reading a book.

The other two beds were empty.

He got up and placed his book back down on his bed. He then walked over towards me and held out his hand and said, "Hello, I'm a 2nd year, Rino Finn."

My eyes widened in shock! My roommate was none other than Rino Finn the son of the general and the 3rd male lead and capture target in the book "The Gold Knight."

Rino Finn was the number 1 commander during the battle with the demon king and his army of demons. Despite being a half-blood, he had strong water magic.

After shaking off my thoughts. I looked toward the other empty bed.

"Where...?"

"Oh, don't worry about Dustin, he will arrive shortly."

But isn't the middle of the night?

But wait...what did he just say?

"Dustin as in Dustin Ethera, the son of the marquess?" 

"Yes." Rino said. 

Oh Jesus! Another capture target! 

Dustin Ethera was the second male lead and only son of the marquess. He was gifted since he was young with powerful earth magic.

What kind of luck do I have to be encountering capture targets left and right?!

I chose a random bed and placed my suitcase underneath the bed figuring that I could unpack tomorrow.

That night, I got little sleep thinking that my world is very small because how else would I have this sort of twisted fate that two capture targets became my roommates?