8│Kai

I walked into the Holy Church and made my way to my room that I shared with Asher. When I opened the door, Asher looked at me suspiciously.

"Where did you go?" Asher asked me.

I smiled sheepishly. "I just went out to the market, Ash."

"For the whole day?" He inquired.

I smiled awkwardly. "Yes."

"Hmmm...then why is your face so red? Don't tell me you had a secret rendezvous with your lover?" Asher joked.

"No!!" I shouted. Why did he think I had a lover?

Asher smiled at me. "Sure, if you say so."

"Anyways, what have you been doing since I was gone?"

"I was just hanging out with my friend," Asher said with a slight smile.

"Friend? Who?" I asked curiously.

"His name is Allen and he is the son of the archbishop. I want you guys to meet, he seems like he is a really good guy. He is teaching me how to utilize my light magic and he will also be attended the Academy as a first-year student." Asher gushed out with a smile.

My eyebrows shot up.

Allen? Oh no, Allen is the fourth Capture Target!

Allen Walker is the son of the archbishop. He is the wielder of holy magic and air. In the game, he was the one who brought together all the evidence that condemned Caliban to be sentenced to death by the guillotine.

"Yeah, maybe sometime later then." I squeezed out. I for sure did not want to meet him.

I got ready for bed. As I put the covers over my head, I couldn't get Caliban out of my head. The scene in which he used his fire and lightning powers to save me from those thugs kept replaying in my head like a broken tape recorder.

He was just so cool! Imagine seeing your favorite character in action to protect you! Just thinking about it made me blush. Keep it together Kai, you're just like one of those love-sick protagonists in shojo manga.

Finally, I went to sleep.

The next day I woke up early and ate a simple breakfast which was toast and eggs. I finished eating my food and was about to exit the Church when I heard someone laughing merrily.

It was Asher and...Allen?

The boy next to Asher looked around the same age as us and he was also laughing with Asher. The boy was handsome with white hair that was parted to the side and violet eyes. His eyes crinkled at the corners as he laughed. The boy, who I assumed was Allen Walker, was wearing a dark blue shirt that was garnished with a black pattern on it and white pants. On his shoulders was a silver-ish jacket that was embroidered with a unique pattern that resembled feathers. At the center of his shirt was a violet jewel that was the same color as his eyes.

I gasped as he suddenly glanced in my direction before I quickly bolted off.

What the heck was that?

I went to go meet with Caliban.

I saw Caliban standing at the same place where we met and I waved at him.

"Caliban!"

He smiled at me and together we walked around the market.

Just spending time with him made me feel happy and I think it made him happy too, at least, that is what I believe.

We began to hang out with each other every day from the morning until night.

Soon, a week has passed. Today Asher and I had to pack our items and clothes later to go to the Academy's dorms. School officially starts tomorrow.

Caliban was walking me back home, to the Holy Church. When we arrived at the gates of the Holy Church, Caliban turned around to face me.

"I guess this it." He said.

"Yeah, school starts in a day," I said.

"We will see each other there then." He said with a gentle smile.

"It's a promise." I agreed.