14│Kai

I walked into my history classroom. After lunch is the History of the 4 Great Kingdom class. I sat in my seat, not bothering to greet Asher and Allen who sat on my right side.

"Kai." I heard Asher say to me, hugging my arms.

I was still pretty mad at him and Allen from what happened during lunch. Why didn't they stand up to Prince Caspian and tell him the truth of what happened? They did not even bother to do so until I forced Asher to tell Prince Caspian the truth of the matter.

I ignored him until he kept pestering me like a god damn fly.

"What the heck was that during lunch?!" I said, very annoyed.

"That-I-" Asher sputtered out with a red face.

"You what?" I said, uncaring about how flustered he began.

"Kai!" Allen yelled at me when he saw Asher being flustered.

"Allen, you too. Why didn't the both of you guys say anything to Prince Caspian until I told you guys too? He would have listened to you guys, you too are his roommates for god sake!"

They looked at me with wide eyes like they just realized it. They were rendered speechless which I was happy for.

I put my head on my desk.

Finally, some peace and quiet.

Just like that, 2 months have passed.

I just finished my combat class, I was exhausted.

After I proclaimed pursuit, I only saw Caliban 4 other times during these past few months much to my deep regret.

I felt like he was avoiding me on purpose, maybe because he fell in love with me too!?

I laughed at that thought. 

One could only hope, right?

I walked into my dorm room and took a shower. When I was done, I wrapped a towel around my waist and looked into the mirror.

On my waist, I could faintly see a heart-shaped birthmark. I noticed this the first time when I took a shower which caused me to remember some details from the book, "The Gold Knight." 

Near the end of the book, as Kai was dying from a stab to the heart by the hero it is revealed that Kai is a direct descendant from the Silvan Royal Family.

Kai Lunaos, who had the same name as me, grew up living in a village as a commoner. His real name is Kai Silvan, the 3rd lost Prince of the Kingdom of Silvan.

When Kai was born, there was an assassination attempt. The assassin did not have time to think about killing him, so he kidnapped him. The kidnapper was gravelly injured but he was determined to succeed in his mission. So, the assassin placed the baby prince into a basket and set it afloat into the river.

The river water flowed downstream which had him ultimately dropped off at the village due to the fact that he was the prince of the Silvan Kingdom. Royalty inherits their blessings and the Kingdom of Silvan's blessing is from the water goddess. She protected the baby Kai from drowning.

An old farmer who was going to fish at that time saw the basket. He was curious so he threw his fishing rod and hooked it onto the basket. Imagine his surprise when found out that it contained a baby of about 2 months old!

The old farmer soon adopted the baby, taking him as his own. The two lived happily, however, when Kai turned 12 years old, the old man died from old age, leaving him all alone. Thus, Kai decided to live by himself with the help of his best friend Asher.

The heart-shaped birthmark is proof of the royal family of Silvan.

I sighed and went to get dressed. I lied down on my bed and went to sleep. 

The next day, I woke up early to eat breakfast. Then, I walked to my first class which was mana control. As I was walking, I heard many students talking among themselves, huddled together. They were gossiping.

"Have you heard about the royal hunt?"

"Yeah, the 4 great kingdoms are attending!!"

"I can't wait!"

The Royal Hunt?

In the book, the royal hunt was the second event that occurred to make the capture targets fall deeper in love with Asher and it was also the event that made the capture targets hate Caliban, the villain even further.

At the royal hunt, the students of Thornclaw Royal Academy would venture out into the woods for a week to hunt mythical beasts.

There was one high-level mythical beast in particular that caused the capture targets to extremely hate the villain. It was the dragon that was set lose. The capture targets thought that it was the work of Caliban but it was not.

The Dragon came and broke through the barrier that protected the woods that no low to medium-level beast could breakthrough. The Dragon was many times stronger than the barrier as it was a high-level mythical beast.

The Dragon arrived in the woods because it was looking for its stolen treasure that was stolen by young adventures and was hidden by them in this very woods a decades ago. After the dragon could not find it, he grew mad with rage and began to attack.

This event will also help Asher level up as well as raise the capture target's love meter as it was the first time he used his light abilities.

I shook my head with that thought. 

I will make sure that Caliban would not be blamed for such a thing.

I walked into my class and sat down at my seat, but I was blasted with another round of gossiping. This time, it was completely different.

"Did you guys hear about the mysterious transfer student?"

"Of course! He is transferring to our mana control class!"

"They say that he is absolutely beautiful, that even the goddess of beauty can not compare to him!"

I ignored their gossips and waited for class to start. I put my head on my desk and rested for a bit. Then my professor finally came in with a young boy of about 15 years old.

The boy had dark green hair that was as green as a forest. He had heterochromia eyes, one gold, and one blue. His ears were adorned with various earrings and his pale white skin sharply contrasted with his fancy black clothing which made him look otherworldly. The mysterious boy's hands were covered with pristine white gloves.

"This is our new student, he traveled a great distance from the Silvan Kingdom to come here." The professor said.

The Silvan Kingdom?! Now that piqued my interest.

I quickly glanced up at the boy.

He smiled widely and looked at the entire class before his eyes landed on me. For some reason, he looked startled to see me there. But it was gone as soon as it appeared.

The fangirls started to scream about how good-looking he was. After a few minutes, when they finally quieted down, the boy spoke with the voice of an angel, "Hello, everyone. My name is Rowan Silvan, the 4th Prince of the Kingdom of Silvan."