Author's Note

This contains Spoilers and this most likely will take a long time to be revealed because I have like 60 more chapters planned and I still need to write them and type them and only after many chapters I will get more into Caliban's background as well as the other characters.

As you guys might have already read, Caliban is an illegitimate child of the Greyscale archduke.

The Archduke is the King's younger brother, making Caspian and Caliban cousins.

Caliban used to live with his mother until she died. On the day of her death, his father appeared and to him back home to the Greyscale Estate where the duchess relentlessly bullied and tortured him due to her jealousy.

It was revealed that the duchess could not have children, so the Arch Duke took it upon himself to find his son and name him the heir.

He investigated his son and found that Caliban had a strong constitution and had the blessing of the fire god, Kairos. Although the royal family of Asten does indeed have the blessing of the god of fire, Kairos flowing within them, most of the time, the power of fire is either weak or common.

After investigating that his mother was terminally ill, he waited until her last breath to show himself.

Caliban had always been a cheerful and bright child, marveling over the littlest things. However, ever since he was brought back to the Greyscale Estate, he learned to keep his emotions in check because he knew his step-mother, the duchess like to take pleasure in his angst and pain.

That is how he became a tsundere character, saying things he did not mean. Caliban had to live a lonely and horrendous life until he met Asher, the protagonist of the book.

Asher was able to bring Caliban out of his despair and to repay his kindness, Caliban decided to sacrifice himself for Asher by infiltrating the Demon King's Lair but in the end, his devotion leads to his demise.

The book described every character's background and how they came to be. In this case, it was also revealed that Caliban's mother, the maid who got kicked by the Duchess after falling pregnant was a fallen angel...