Author's Note

This contains spoilers...You have been warned...

(A/N: Lailah Anastasia Anita picture is above)

Caliban's mother name was Lailah Anastasia Anita.

Lailah Anastasia Anita was a high ranking angel that was greatly loved by the angels and gods of heaven.

Lailah was one of the oldest angels. She was 3000 years old. During the Holy War, 1000 years ago, she was the commanding general.

She was praised and hailed by all those in heaven as the Heavenly Angel, a title that was only given to her.

After 1000 years, her legacy remained.

The newly crowned Emperor of Heaven was a wild man. He was greedy and snatched all the beautiful for himself.

As the Emperor of Heaven was only 100 years old, he did not hear about Lailah's great legacy, surprisingly until he heard some of his concubines gossiping about her.

Intrigued, the Emperor of Heaven, Emperor Atticus Alastair Archibald went to visit her and fell in love with Lilah at first sight. He sent out an imperial decree that she shall become his 1000th concubine at once!

However, Lailah did not like the Emperor and she tried to run away on her wedding night. But, the Emperor found out and chased her down.

The Emperor was so furious that Lailah tried to escape as no one has ever defied him before.

He picked up his heavenly soul sword and plunged it into her chest. He then proceeded to quite literally kick her off of heaven, leaving her to fall to her death, onto the human land.

Lailah was gravely injured from the Emperor's sword. If one was to get injured with the Emperor's sword, you will not survive. His weapon is the strongest in the world and went it struck her, it took a part of her soul, the part responsible for her divine powers.

But, she was not just any regular angel, she was the high ranking general, the heavenly angel!!!

Because of her high rank, she was able to survive but barely. Thus, stripped of her divine powers, she was now vulnerable to aging and dying.

For two months, Lilah lived in the slums, waiting for her death. She did not dare to end her life herself as she had no courage but she was ready to die.

One day, Lilah sat in a dark corner, with dazed, emotionless eyes.

Suddenly she saw a hand reach out towards her and when she looked up, it was a handsome young man.

Her savior was the archduke.

The archduke at the time was running errands in the slums when he had noticed a woman. Although she was dirty, she was gorgeous.

So he approached her and was surprised when he saw her lifeless gaze. It made him reach out his hand towards her.

Lailah fell in love with the archduke due to his kindness, because ever since she was exiled from heaven, she had to live on the human continent in the slums. In the slums, no one showed her a speak of kindness.

However, a good-looking young man did so and he looked rather dashing.

The archduke brought the young Lilah back to his estate as a maid because of her striking beauty.

Gradually, the archduke began to have an affair with Lilah.

After getting pregnant with Caliban, the duchess found out.

The duchess kicked her out and the archduke did nothing to stop the duchess, after all, he thought it was Lilah's fault that she got pregnant.

Lilah gave birth to Caliban and was able to live life as a commoner, as she learned more about this continent that she was exiled to, she grew skilled with trading.

Lilah was still terminally ill from the emperor's sword but she hid it from Caliban until it was too late.

She did not resent the archduke because she thought he may come back to find her.

Her final wish was to die in the arms of her one true love, but of course, that wish was not meant to be...