-3-

-3-

Explosions started going off behind me and Tommy as we ran away from his base towards L'manburg. Towards safety. I stumbled as the ground beneath my feet shook, but kept myself standing up. I turned my head for a moment to see what was happening and widened my eyes when I saw Tommy's home up in flames, gaping holes in the ground from the explosions I assumed Dream had set off when he saw us.

"Run, run, run!" I screamed over the loud ringing in my ears from the explosion.

"What the hell?! My home! The embassy!" Tommy shouted, slowing down slightly.

I turned back and noticed Dream wasn't chasing us like I assumed he would be, so I slowed to a halt and looked at Tommy's ruined base. Dream was gone. What the hell? Why didn't he follow us? We'd be so easy to kill right now.

"First Tubbo's house and now mine? When will this fucking dickhead give up?" Tommy said, an angry look on his face as the realization of losing his home hit him. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it to console him.

"I don't know, Tommy. Dream... he doesn't play fair. He will do anything he can to get ahead. I have no idea when he's gonna stop." I looked at Tommy sympathetically. My house was in L'manburg do they couldn't get to it, but Tubbo and Tommy's weren't so lucky so Dream had free reign to do whatever he wanted to them. "C'mon, let's get back to L'manburg before it gets dark."

We jogged back to L'manburg in silence, not wanting to be seen by anyone else and we just didn't have anything to talk about. Tommy's house was gone. We weren't going to surrender so things were only going to get worse. I knew that. He knew that. Just neither of us wanted to admit that this was only the beginning.

-    -    -

Tommy and I made it back to L'manburg and quickly ran to the van. We lost some of the supplies on the way but made it back with the majority of the things we collected from the embassy.

Wilbur paced nervously, his lanky figure almost to tall to fit in the van. Once he saw me and Tommy a look of relief flooded his face.

"Thank god you two are ok. Fundy said he heard explosions and I got worried." Wilbur said as he opened the door to the camarvan, letting us in. Eret, Tubbo and Fundy were standing there as well. Eret gave me a quick side hug and a smile before a worried look crept back on his place. He seemed more jittery and fidgety than usual but I pushed it aside, assuming that it was just normal war nervousness.

"Yeah, Dream caught us leaving and apparently he had rigged the embassy with TNT or something because when we started running, the whole place exploded. They destroyed it. I think I need to sleep. My head is still killing me and the fact that my ears are still ringing from the explosion." I said as I rubbed my head.

"Get some rest, you're dismissed y/n. Sleep well. We have a big day tomorrow." Wilbur said nodding his head once.

I lazily saluted him and opened the door of the camarvan but as soon as I tried to take a step outside, an arrow whizzed passed my head, just missing my left ear and hitting the door.

I let out a quick yelp and hopped back into the van. I looked at the boys standing in front of me, each one with a confused look on their face.

"Arrow, there was an arrow." I said breathily. I peeked out the window and saw Sapnap standing on top of our walls, bow in hand, aimed directly at the door to the van, ready to shoot anyone who came outside of it. 3 other figures were scattered alone the tall walls surrounding L'manburg. Dream, George, and one I didn't recognize. He wore a white hoodie and a gold chain, holding a bow and dressed in full netherite just like the rest of them.

"Punz," Tubbo whispered.

"How the hell are we supposed to get out of here," Fundy said, staring through the windows at the 4 men, all aiming at the camarvan.

"We'll fight our way out. Together. We always do." I said, taking out my sword.

"It is times like these when we must remember our declaration of independance. Gentlemen... and lady of course. We are fighting against tyranny. We are fighting for emancipation. We are fighting for independence. Now in the name of the hto dog van, let's get out there and fight for L'manburg." Wilbur said, lifting his chin high.

"Amen!" Tommy shouted as he adjusted his armour and pulled out his shield.

The rest of us did the same, making sure we were prepared for any shots that could be fired. Once we were all dressed and prepared, we made our way to the door and crowded around Wilbur, who had his hand on the door knob.

"Ok, let's go." Wilbur said. He creaked the door open and gestured for us to follow behind him.

The second I stepped outside, arrows started reigning down on us, most of them on fire and sparking as they hit the ground.

"C'mon we need to find higher ground." Tommy said as we ran through the blazing arrows. One skimmed my arm, creating a small cut and burn. It wasn't deep enough to do any real damage so u continued to sprint out of L'manburg with the rest of the group as blood seeped out of my wound.

Dream, Sapnap, George, and Punz hopped down from the walls and started to make their way to one of the taller towers in the smp. Ponk's tower.

"They're going to Ponk's tower, we need to go to Punz's tower, look it's the same height!!" Tubbo shouted.

Tommy and I chuckled at Tubbo as we continued to sprint away from L'manburg, making our way towards Punz's tall tower. We took the ladders up to the top and Wilbur stayed down, to act as a distraction.

We got to the top of Punz's tower and noticed that the Dream Team hadn't started making their way up Ponk's tower yet.

"They are still down there, shoot them!" I shouted as we all stood at the top of the tower bows ready.

We fired down on them but it was too far to tell if we got any good hits. They tried to fire back but they couldn't get there arrows high enough to reach us.

"Their arrows can't get up here! We are safe!" Tubbo shouted and he drew back his bow to fire more arrows. I smiled at him and he returned it with an excited grin.

This went on for a few minutes, us shotting down on them, and them trying to find a way to get their arrows to reach us. One of my arrows made its way into George's shoulder and I let out a small laugh and a grin. I might be enjoying this a tad too much.

"They're retreating, They're retreating!" Wilbur shouted from lower down in the tower.

"Yes! We've won the battle!" Tommy celebrated. I jumped up and celebrated with him, thankful no one had gotten hurt in all the commotion.

I grabbed Eret and pulled him into a tight hug.

"We did it." I whispered to him.

He hesitated for a moment. I felt his heart speed up for a moment. He was nervous. Why was he nervous? We had won the battle?

"Yeah. We did it." He said back. He didn't sound happy. More worried and sad. I didn't know what was happening but something was definitely up with him.

He pulled away from the group and spoke to the group.

"Gentlemen, I think we need to go home. I need to show you guys something. Something that will help us in this war. The element of surprise."

-    -    -

words- 1345