-36-

"Up."

I hear someone speak but my tired brain chooses to ignore it, groaning and rolling in bed to bury my face deeper into my pillows.

"Come on, y/n, we need to go. Get up," This time I realize it's Dream speaking, which only makes me want to go back to sleep more.

"Go away, Dream," I mumble, words consumed by the pillows my face is shoved in.

"No. I need to go to Pogtopia and you need to bring me there," Dream announces, grabbing onto my shoulder and rolling me over to look at him.

I wince at the light that suddenly comes into view and bring my forearm up to my eyes to block it out.

"Why would I come to Pogtopia with you? That's the last place I want to be right now," I say, finally sitting up in bed and leaning my back against the backboard.

"Because I said so."

He wraps his hands around my wrists and pulls me up and out of bed so I am standing in front of him, slouching due to not being 100% awake.

"You're an ass," I grumble before he walks out of my room, stopping just before closing the door behind him.

"Get ready. We leave in ten."

He shuts the door without letting me protest, leaving me alone to get ready to go back to Pogtopia.

- - -

"This way," I point to the mountain biome, with Dream trailing a few feet behind me.

"You sure?" He asks, obviously not believing that I am actually leading him to Pogtopia.

He would be right.

"Yep!" I lie, with the most genuine smile and can muster.

I continue to lead him in the opposite direction of Pogtopia for the next few minutes before he stops me, grabbing my shoulder and pulling me towards him.

"We're not going to Pogtopia are we?" He asks, voice low and laced with a hint of anger.

I try to keep a straight face, using all my willpower to not break out laughing then and there, but I fail and burst out laughing.

Dream stands in front of me, looking as confused as ever, for a few seconds before he sighs and shakes his head disapprovingly.

"I'll take that as a no then."

I keep laughing in front of him, doubling over and clutching my stomach.

"Come on, y/n lead me in the right direction now," He whined, to which I only laughed more.

"Oh- oh, god you totally fell for it I can't I-" I shout between wheezes.

"Was there really a point in this?" He asked, unimpressed with my little prank. "We could have been there by now."

I didn't respond for a moment, letting myself breathe and stop laughing.

"I-" I took a deep breath to calm myself before continuing. "I had to do something, Dream. Come on, have a little fun!" I slap his arm, playfully, to which he sighs and grabs my wrist, dragging me back in the direction we came.

"Aren't you supposed to hate me?" 

"I do hate you," I laugh out. "That's why it's so much fun to mess with you. Because there's nothing you can do about it."

I shrug and pry my wrist from his grip, jogging ahead of him, now going in the right direction to Pogtopia.

"Nothing I can do about it?" He yells from behind me.

I can hear his footsteps speeding up to catch up with me and before I know it, his hand is wrapped around my forearm again, pulling me into an arm lock with my back pressed lightly against his chest.

I sigh comically and tilt my head back to look at him, or look into the eyes of his creepy ass mask.

"Now, Dream," I smirk, a hint of teasing in my voice, "this isn't how you treat someone you care about is it?"

He let go of my arm and pushed me a little bit, scoffing and moving further from me and the mountain behind us.

"Fuck you, y/n."

I laugh and run to catch up with him.

All the anger that I was feeling at him yesterday has melted away and turned into pure joy now that I have some power over Dream, even if it only comes out in the form of teasing him.

"Oh come on, Dream. We both know you love me," I tease, flashing a fake smile up at him.

He grunts and looks away from me.

"I hate you," He grumbles, to which I snicker and only tease him more.

"No, you care about me."

"You're a menace on this earth."

"You know, I see why you're so power hungry all the time, now. It feels amazing" I say, ignoring his previous comment.

 "Mhm. Ok." Dream nods, unamused, not playing into my joke.

"Ugh, you're no fun," I groan, rolling my eyes. "I should have kept leading you in the wrong direction."

He finally acknowledges my presence, looking down at me with his white mask reflecting sun into my eyes, making me squint.

"Are we even going the right direction now?" He asks.

I nod and turn slightly, getting closer to the oak forest that Pogtopia resides in.

"Yes. Yes, we are. Why do you even want to team up with Wilbur and Tommy? Don't you hate them? I mean- you literally almost killed Tommy."

"They hate Schlatt. I hate Schlatt. As of right now, we have a mutual enemy and until that changes, I'll side with them," Dream responds, ducking under a branch as we enter the forest.

I look up at him in confusion. "So you're only siding with them because they are against Schlatt? Not because you actually want to team up with them?"

He shrugs and uses his sword to cut away some low hanging branches that were blocking our path.

"Like I said in the letter, Schlatt wants to expand. He wants power. He's a threat. Back when Wilbur ruled L'manburg, when it was just you and Tommy and Tubbo, Wilbur, Fundy, and Eret, you were never really a threat to me. I just- well I didn't like that someone was challenging me. You never really tried to do much besides survive, though. Schlatt wants a lot more than that. He wants things that I'm not willing to give and the problem now is, he's got people to fight for him. If Wilbur wants Schlatt gone then I am more than willing to help him along the way, even if technically I am breaking treaties with Manburg."

"So you're willing to break treaties and side with people you hate, just to take power from Schlatt and take it for yourself?" I ask, as we near the entrance to Pogtopia.

"You said it yourself, y/n, power feels amazing."

I shake my head at him. "But you already have power. You have the Dream SMP, why do you need Manburg too?"

He tilts his chin down to look at me, slowing his steps just slightly.

"No amount of power is ever enough, y/n," He says, his voice deep and menacing. "Once you've had a taste of it you're always left wanting more. Schlatt has power. Schlatt has people willing to fight with him and I want it,"

He grins, showing off his shiny white teeth.

"So I plan on taking it."

- - -

ok so if anyone is confused, his mask is like in those fanarts where it covers his eyes and nose but not his mouth- i went 35 chapters without clarifying so I felt like I should say something lol

sorry for short chap // I have a shit ton of homework and wanted to get one out tonight so its kinda half assed lol

words- 1295