-23-

-23-

(some of this doesn't line up with the exact plot, please ignore it)

"Where's George?" I whisper to the man standing next to me.

"I dunno. He was supposed to be here. I don't even think Quackity knows where he is," Sapnap says back.

Quackity is standing nervously on the stage, looking around anxiously. The other parties were standing up on stage as well. Tommy and Wilbur were whispering to each other near the microphone, laughing every once in a while. Niki and Fundy were standing together in a corner, not talking, and Schlatt was standing tall at the back of the stage, sleek black suit clean as ever and a smug look resting on his face.

"Do you think they will start without him? Everyone else is ready," I ask Sapnap, turning to look at the crowd around us.

"It doesn't really matter. Schlatt will win." He says confidently, without making eye contact with me. His eyes stay locked on Schlatt, who doesn't seem to notice Sapnap's hard gaze.

I huff a sigh and look up at Tommy and Wilbur, laughing by the podium.

Suddenly, Tommy's head snaps to look at something behind me and he glares his eyes.

My brows furrow and I turn to see my brother, the traitor, standing behind me.

"You shouldn't be here, Eret," Tommy shouts loud enough so that everyone, including Eret, can hear. "You're not welcome."

Eret's expression turns hurt but quickly returns back to neutral, before taking a few steps closer to the stage. 

"I don't want to cause any problems, I just want to watch," He pleads.

Tommy rolls his eyes and opens his mouth to say or probably shout something at Eret but Wilbur places a hand on his chest, stopping him, and Tommy closes his mouth quickly.

"Please leave Eret," Wilbur says simply.

Eret seems to think for a moment. and he lets out a deep sigh but eventually, he nods and bows his head slightly, turning to leave. Before he can go, I reach out both of my tied hands and grab his wrist. He looks down at me, confused.

"Can I talk to you?" I say in a hushed tone so Sapnap can't hear me.

Eret nods and I get up, leaving Sapnap to sit alone as the politicians prepare to find out who won the election.

We move away from the crowd of people sitting in front of the stage and I turn my back to them. The chatter and shouts of the people behind me seem to fade away as I look at my brother, determined to see what happened to the letter.

"Did you get the letter to Wilbur? Does he know what's going to happen?" I ask, voice just above a whisper.

"I did," He nods. "It- it was weird though. When I gave Wilbur the letter he said that Schlatt had told him that he was on their side.  That he wanted to help them. So, they let him be. Let him run."

I shake my head. "But he's not. He's not on their side."

Eret frowns, looking behind me for a second, before returning his gaze back to me. 

"They know that now," Eret lets out a long sigh. Hesitating a moment before continuing his thought. "I hate to tell you this, but apparently just this morning Schlatt announced to Wilbur and only Wilbur that if Schlatt2020 or Swag2020 lost the election, they would pool their votes and run a coalition government."

My eyes widen in terror. My words come out hoarse, scared. "So that means-"

"It means that if Pog2020 wins, there's a very high chance that it won't be enough for the pooled votes of Schlatt and Quackity."

"So that's why George isn't here."

"Exactly," He nods.

I pause for a moment, thinking over everything I just learned.

"Wait," I say, louder and clearer this time. "Does Sapnap know?"

"I doubt it," Eret says, peering over my shoulder to look at Sapnap who was sitting alone on a bench, eyes still fixed on Schlatt's unwavering smirk. "I don't even think Dream knows. If he did he'd probably kill Schlatt for betraying him. I don't think Schlatt's trying to help Dream anymore. I think teaming up with him was all a trick to get more power. All he wants is power. "

Rage boils deep in my bones. This whole time I've been saying there was something up with this guy. Saying that we shouldn't trust him. And what happened? I got ignored. Now look what he's going to do.

"God. I knew it. I fucking knew it and no one fucking listened. I've been saying since day one that this guy was sketchy and that we shouldn't be trusting him." I nearly shout. I calm myself, letting out a loud sigh, and shake my head in disbelief and disapproval. "Serves Dream right for not listening to me. Now he's going to get what he deserves."

Eret nods slightly before putting a hand on my shoulder and turning me back around to the crowd.

"We should probably go back. Looks like they are starting."

I make my way back to my seat next to Sapnap and sit down quietly without saying a word to him.

"What was that about?" He asks, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Nothing, just brother stuff, y'know."

He licks his lips and turns his body towards me.

"No actually, I don't know. Feel like enlightening me on why you've been acting so suspicious lately? Private conversations with Eret and George, sneaking around, et cetera.  I don't trust you and I want to know what you are up to."

"Cry about it." I deadpan. "I'm not doing anything suspicious and even if I was, you would be the last person I'd tell. I don't trust you either."

Sapnap's expression turns blank. "You basically just admitted that you could be doing something suspicious." 

"Did I?" I say innocently, cocking my head slightly. "Hmm, I guess we'll never know."

He huffs and turns back towards the stage.

When I look up I see Wilbur standing just behind the mic, adjusting his wrinkled and worn L'manburg uniform.

He clears his throat and takes a step towards the microphone.

"My fellow L'manburgians," Wilbur's voice booms through the microphone bringing all the chatter in the crowd to a stop. Everyone turns to look up at the man, all awaiting the results of the election. "Thank you all for coming here today to watch a historic moment in our history. The passing over of the presidency for the first election of L'manburg. I have with me the election results of the four parties," He pulls out a paper from his pocket. "Swag2020, Pog2020, Coconut2020, and Schlat2020."

All the talking has completely lulled to a stop.

I lock eyes with Wilbur for a moment and he nods slightly, but his face looks nervous, concerned.

He's scared.

He takes a deep breath and continues on with his speech.

"Without further ado, I would like to go through the election results."

---

hey look, I didn't take a week to upload, yay me :D

also thanks for 60k reads like bro what? u are all the most poggers people I have ever met and I literally never expected this story to get any attention. i love u all so much and I appreciate all the reads, votes, and comments so much. my dms are always open if u want to talk :P

words- 1243