-10-

-10-

Dream's pov

We had decided that the duel would take place tomorrow at sunset and that everyone in the war would be in attendance. Except for y/n. I didn't want her there and they couldn't do shit about it so she would be staying back at my house while Tommy and I fight. I didn't tell Wilbur and Tommy that though. If I had said anything, they would have insisted they be there and I was not going to let that happen.

I knew she would hate it, but it was for the best.

y/n pov

I quietly ate the lunch Sapnap had brought me a few minutes ago as I stared at the blank wall across from my bed. I was bored, beyond bored. Bored was yesterday, today was a whole other level of boredom. Anytime I heard footsteps coming downstairs I got excited, even though I knew whoever it was would be someone I hated or was supposed to hate.

George had become... bearable. He usually brought me food and would occasionally stay and talk to me, unlike when Sapnap or Punz brought me anything. The conversations were pleasant, chill. When I talked to George the whole being at war thing sort of left my mind. It was a nice escape from the thoughts I was plagued with the rest of the day. He would stay and talk to me for a while, his calm presence washed away the stress that I felt being here.

But then he would leave. And my mind would jump back to reality, realizing that even if I could call George my friend, even if I could trust him, he would always side with Dream first. I couldn't trust him, as much as I wanted to. He's helped me get through the insanity of the past few days more than he should have. He's supposed to be my enemy and yet, at the moment, he is my closest ally.

From what I could remember, I had been held hostage at Dream's base for 3 days.

Day one I slept a lot, still recovering from the explosions,

Day two was hard. I had nothing to do except learn about where I was, listen to the footsteps around the house, and try to come up with any plan to escape. I was bored the whole day.

Today was day three, although it feels like it's been weeks. Time feels like it's standing still, each minute dragging on to feel like hours. I had failed at escaping last night, though seeing Tommy was great, even with how brief the interaction was and I had heard Dream leave the house a few minutes ago, after telling me he was going to meet with Tommy and Wilbur. I had no idea what for, but I assumed he would fill me in when he got back.

I finished the sandwich I was cramming into my mouth and swallowed hard, feeling the thick bread get stuck in my throat. I took a deep gulp of water and laid back down to take a nap. I drifted into sleep quickly and slept a dreamless sleep.

- - -

I woke up peacefully and realized Dream had been gone for a few hours. He said he was going to meet with Tommy and Wilbur to discuss some things and that worried me. What were they talking about and why was it taking so long?

My thoughts were interrupted by my cell door opening and Dream making his way inside. I sat up on my creaky bed as he leaned against the door.

"What happened? Are they ok? If you so much as touched any one of them I'll-" I started yelling, raising my voices slightly, but he interrupted me.

"They're fine. We were just discussing the terms of their surrender,"

"Sur- surrender?" I questioned in disbelief. They just gave up? "What do you mean their surrender? They wouldn't give up. Not yet at least," I said, confused.

"Well, essentially, their surrender. Tommy ran his mouth and challenged me to a bow duel. To the death."

My eyes widened. To the death?