-25-

I stare up at Schlatt in shock.

There's no way this man, this tyrant, is now the president of the country we fought so hard for.

"You know what I said?" Schlatt speaks into the microphone. The look on his face makes me want to puke. He looks so smug and proud of himself.

I glare at him and for a moment and we lock eyes for a moment. His glimmering red eyes pierce through me, leaving me utterly terrified of him. He smirks at me then looks away, going back to his speech.

"The day that I got to the Dream SMP I said something, I said 'things are gonna change'. I looked every citizen of L'manburg in the eyes and I said 'you listen to me. This place will be a lot different tomorrow'. Let's start making it happen."

I see Tommy turn to Wilbur, desperation in his eyes. None of us want this.

"Wilbur, Wilbur, are you sure? This can't-"

"Tommy, I'm sorry," Wilbur says to the boy, hurt and regret laced in his words.

"My first decree," Schlatt's voice booms. "As the president of L'manburg. The emperor!" He raises his voice to a shout, making me flinch. "of this great country!"

"Yes sirrrr," Quackity eggs Schlatt on.

"Wil, Wil, surely not," I hear Tommy say before Schlatt continues,

"Is to revoke the citizenship of Wilbur Soot and Tommy Innit"

Screams erupt in the crowd while Tommy and Wilbur just stand there in shock, not sure of what to do.

Quackity and Schlatt cheer from the podium while Ponk and Punz pull out their bows, aiming them at Wilbur and Tommy.

"Run!" I shout over all the screams.

Tommy looks at me for a moment and I can see how scared he is. L'manburg is his home. I have to be strong for him though. He needs it. I nod at him reassuringly to which he turns around and pushes Wilbur to get him moving.

He and Wilbur then turn and run from everyone, into the forest surrounding L'manburg's walls.

Schlatt cackles echo throughout L'manburg as they run, putting me and presumably many others on edge.

As if on cue, clouds start to fill the sky, covering up the bright sun that shined just moments ago. Schlatt has somehow managed to drain the life out of even the weather.

"Oh it was so easy," He laughs. "Until further notice, Wilbur Soot and Tommy Innit are merely a memory or L'manburg. A relic of the past. A reminder of the darkest era this country has ever seen and I guarantee you all, dear citizens, tonight that changes."

The dark clouds quickly start to drizzle rain out of them, leaving us all wet and miserable listening to Schlatt's speech. The mood of the crowd had changed from shock to dread, all of us feeling the shift in morale.

"We are entering a new period of L'manburg. A period of prosperity! Of strength! Of unity!" Schlatt shouts.

His dark eyes scan the crowd, seemingly looking for something... or someone.

"Where's Tubbo?" Schlatt asks.

I look to my left to see the young boy stand up from his seat, where he had been slouching uncomfortably since hearing about Tommy and Wilbur's loss.

"I'm right here," The brunette replies, voice just above a whisper.

"Come up here!" Schlatt yells excitedly.

Tubbo hesitates for a moment, not sure what to do, but eventually starts to timidly make his way up the stage.

"He's scared," Quackity laughs.