-35-

The garden. The weapons room. My old room. The dungeon. Sapnap. George.

All things I never wanted to see again and yet, here I am, somewhat willingly being back at Dream's base.

I could have gotten away. I could have ran but some small part of me wanted to go with him and that part somehow managed to trump my common sense.

God, what the hell am I doing here.

"So you're back, then?" George asks from where he sits beside me on the couch.

"I guess so," I say, short and simple.

He turns to me, leaning his back against the armrest of the couch so we are facing each other. "Why did you come back? You seemed pretty set on escaping."

I sigh and shake my head. "I don't even know. I guess I just felt like it was the right thing to do."

"Do you still think it's the right thing?" He looks concerned, like he's actually worried about me.

"I don't know what I think. I'm just... Confused," I admit, leaning my head against the back of the couch, staring blankly up at the ceiling.

"Do you want to talk about it? I'm here for you, y/n."

I let out a humorless laugh and lean forward to glare at him.

"Don't think I forgot what you did, George. Dream said that you were just getting close to me to feed him information. I'm not stupid and I'm not going to fall for it again. I don't trust you. Not anymore," I tell him, my voice void of emotion.

Not wanting to deal with him anymore, I stand up and turn to go back to my old room but before I can get far, he speaks up again.

"I'm sorry. For everything that's happened to you."

I keep my back turned to him, not wanting to face him and think about his betrayal along with every other betrayal I've felt over the past few months. I exhale slowly and shake my head, trying to get rid of the depressive thought swirling in the back of my mind.

"Yeah, I am too," I mutter, just loud enough for him to hear me.

I leave before he can say anything else and go upstairs to my old room. I stop at the doorway, not able to will myself to go the rest of the way inside.

Memories rush through my mind as the familiar scene comes into full view in front of me.

Memories of emotional and mental breakdowns due to Dream and his friends. Memories of sleepless nights spent worrying about my family back in L'manburg, struggling to stay alive against the forces of the Dream Team. Memories of devising various plans of escape and failing miserably the first time. And the time I finally did escape, memories of the burning sensation the invisibility potion I drank caused in the back of my throat.

Somehow through all those bad memories the good ones, afternoons patrolling with Dream making light conversation, talking with George before I found out his ulterior motives, even laughing with Sapnap when we messed with Dream and George, had made part of me want to come back here.

Maybe it won't be so bad this time. Maybe this time, since I'm not on the opposite side of the war as my friends, I can find some sort of peace in staying with the Dream Team. They aren't trying to kill my friends this time.

If I can even consider half of them friends anymore.

Now it's just us against Schlatt. Schlatt is the villain now, not Dream.

As if reading my thoughts and hearing his name, Dream comes up from behind where I stand at the doorway of my room.

"Are you going to go inside?" He asks softly from behind me.