-16-

-16-

The sun shined through my window, a luxury I hadn't felt in a while, and my eyes fluttered open due to the light. The sun had just risen. It was too early for me to be up. I groaned and flipped over, shoving my face into my pillow. I let out a loud sigh into my pillow and heard my door creak open. I turned back over and saw Dream standing in my doorway.

"Princess." He greeted me. I huffed and sat up in bed.

"It's too early to be alive. The fuck you want?" I said, my voice hoarse from just waking up.

He chuckled and walked closer over to where I was sitting in my bed.

"I want you to get up, and spar with Sapnap. Unless you want to forfeit and miss your chance to go to the meeting." Dream shrugged.

My eyes widened and I scrambled out of bed.

"Ok, ok, I'm getting up,"

He stood there, just at the edge of my bed, not moving.

"Can you like... leave? So I can change and stuff?" I asked, irritated.

He let out a small left and walked out of my room, closing the door behind him.

I quickly got dressed and ready, then opened my door and left the room, heading downstairs to eat.

I walked down to see Dream and Sapnap laughing and eating cereal in the kitchen. I quickly joined them, not saying a word, and started eating my cereal. They were talking about something I didn't understand, something about some guy named BadBoyHalo, who I had never heard of.

We finished eating and Dream led me out to the woods, Sapnap close behind him. We walked for a few minutes before we got to a small clearing where there were two benches and a small shed.

"Ok so this is our little... fight area, I guess." Dream said, unsure. "We don't really have a name for it I guess."

Sapnap laughed and walked into the shed, where I saw a bin filled with boxing gloves, wooden swords, shields, and other fighting gear. Sapnap picked up two pairs of gloves and walked out of the shed, but he only got a few feet before Dream places a hand on his chest, stopping him.

"No, no. You won't be needing those You and y/n are doing straight hand to hand. No gloves or shields or any of that. Vanilla combat."

Sapnap shrugged and put the gloves back.

I did not have the same reaction.

"What? You want me to break my fists on this guy's jaw? I think not." I yelled at Dream, angrily.

"If you are breaking your fist when you punch him, you're doing it wrong. Which is why we are here, so get ready and put your fists up."

I rolled my eyes and grumbled, walking into the middle of the clearing.

My experience with hand to hand combat was minimal. I could do it, just not well. I knew how to punch, but I wasn't strong nor was my form great. I'd have to be agile if I was going to beat Sapnap, since he was bigger and stronger than me.

Sapnap walked over and stood a few feet in front of me, putting his fists up. I mirrored his actions and we circled each other.

"Ok... rules. Whoever taps out or blacks out loses. Run away and you automatically lose. Try not to break any bones." Dream said, pausing before grinning and making his voice high pitched and squeaky. "And of course, have fun."

Dream leaned back against a tree, looking amused.

I hate this man.

I looked back at Sapnap and he was grinning, his eyes locked on mine. He raised his fist and swung at me. I wasn't prepared yet, so he hit me square in the jaw. I groan and grab my jaw in pain, trying to soothe the ache.