-31-

I walk through the thick forest that surrounds the area Pogtopia resides in, missing talking to Tubbo already. After around a month of rarely seeing him, I had forgotten how much I missed him but truly, he is one of the best people I know, and now that I can actually talk to him without fear of Dream killing one of us I plan on using that opportunity.

I'm humming a tune, one I haven't heard since before being kidnapped by Dream when I hear something move behind me.

My neck snaps towards the source of the noise and I see an all too familiar man standing there.

Schlatt.

"Y/n! It's great to see you here, not at Dream's base!" He says voice laced with sarcasm. 

"What do you want," I groan, not wanting to deal with his antics right now. He doesn't seem to be wearing any armor, though there is a netherite sword resting in its sheath at his waist, but I doubt he'd attack me. Not alone. Not like this.

"You know it's funny you ask that," He takes a step closer to me, now just over an arm's length away from me. "Dream came by Manburg earlier looking for you. Crazy right? Not sure why anyone would be looking for you, 'ya seem like a lost cause to me but despite that, he offered me a great deal if I found you, and look! I found you!"

He takes another step closer to me, to which I place a hand on my unsheathed sword and glare my eyes at the horned man in front of me.

"Woah, woah, woah!" He laughs, holding his hands up in the air. "No need to get hostile, I'm just trying to take you back to where you rightfully belong."

I quickly pull out my sword, holding the tip against his chest, pushing, but not enough to break through his suit or do any real damage.

"I don't belong there. I belong in Pogtopia. Now leave," I growl.

He narrows his eyes, thinking for a moment,

"Pogtopia? Is that what they are calling it now?" He laughs, placing a hand on top of my sword and pushing it down lightly. 

I let him, dropping my sword to my side but still keeping a tight grip around the handle, ready to strike if need be.

"Yes. And you will be seeing more of us so consider yourself warned," I hissed. 

I start to turn around and leave but feel a cold hand on my shoulder and a sharp blade pressed lightly against my back.

Damn it. He pulled out his sword.

"Did I say you could leave?" Schlatt asks from behind me.

I take a deep breath and tighten my grip around my sword, knuckles turning slightly white from holding it so hard.

I quickly spin around, ripping his hand from my shoulder in the process, and slash my sword against his.

They connect with a loud clash and I can just barely see the small dent his sword left in the blade of mine.

He has a Sharpness V netherite sword and I have an iron one. There's no way I'm winning this fight.

As our swords disconnect, I spin around and start to sprint away from him.

My feet are heavy each time they hit the ground and I can hear him stumbling behind me.

"You can run, but you can't hide!" Schlatt shouts.

For a split second, I look behind my back to see him just a few feet away from me with a wide grin resting on his face.

I push my legs harder, running as fast as I can, and I hear him stumble behind me.