Chapter Four

Chatter buzzes around the room as the team take a seat around the avengers main room, Tony grabbing a cup of coffee as Steve rests a fresh ice pack against his cheek, another resting against his ribs.

"That was so cool!" Peter squeals as he pulls himself up off the chair he's sat on, jumping up before marching across the room in order to sit next to me before Wanda does. "You completely kicked Wanda and Steve's asses." he chuckles as a huge smile forms on his face, Tony rolling his eyes at Peters enthusiasm as he takes a seat opposite us. "I've not seen anyone do that before."

"It wasn't that cool Peter." I argue, my eyes dropping to the floor as a small blush creeps onto my face turning my cheeks pink. My head still bowed down, I look up through my lashes towards where Steve and Stephen are deep in conversation. Without even realizing what I'm doing, my eyes trace their way up and down Stephens body, stopping on his face as I stare into his eyes. Sensing my gaze on him, Stephen turns his head, his eyes meeting mine briefly before I look away and towards Peter again.

"It was pretty impressive." chuckles Sam from over near the games table as he takes a shot on pool only to miss the pocket. Smiling to myself, I turn to face Sam as he rolls his eyes. "Unlike my pool skills." he jokes as he drops the cue stick before thumping down into a nearby chair.

"It was entertaining as well." adds Natasha as a small smirk forms on her face, her eyes fixed on Steve as his head whips around to face her. "The look on Steve's face when you hit him was hilarious." she laughs as Steve narrows his eyes at her.

"You know what Romanoff." he shouts from the chair as he pushes the ice pack on his side off him and begins to March across towards her. Rolling his eyes at Steve's idiocies, Tony places his coffee down on the table before stepping in between Nat and Steve.

"Don't hurt yourself Cap." he warns Steve as he pushes him gently backwards, Steve sighing as the smile disappears from his face. "You know Romanoff can kick your ass too." he chuckles as Steve points his finger in Tony's face jokingly before taking a seat again.

"So you just have to focus on us, create an image in your head and you can literally become us?" Peter asks me as I turn back to face him, his interest in my powers growing more and more with each detail I give him. His leg jiggles as he bounces on the chair, his excitement threatening to burst out as his eyes begin to grow wide.

"Yeah, pretty much."I mumble as I look away from his eyes in the hope of dodging any more questions. When he puts it that way, it sounds a lot more simple than it is. And a lot less exciting.

"I've never seen anything quite like it." inputs Stephen as he leans further forwards, his elbow resting on his knee as he sits on the sofa arm behind Peter. My head whips up as I glance at Stephen, a small smile creeping on my face for no reason at all.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" asks Tony as he steps across to my side, placing his hand in my shoulder as he squeezes it tightly. Wincing, I grab Tony's hand and push it off my shoulder as my eyes finally leave Stephens. Frowning up at Tony, I shake my head and stare at him quizzically as he raises his eyebrows at me.

"What?" I hiss, quiet enough that only Tony can hear it as he nods towards Stephen, his eyes widening suggestively. No. He can't mean- No. I am not having my brother involved in this again. "As if." I mumble in response as he rolls his eyes causing me to turn away from him, curling my hand into a fist in order to stop me from sending him flying backwards.

"I don't know enough about her powers to say," relies Stephen softly as he shuffles uncomfortably, his eyes fixed on the worn out carpet below his feet. Great, now Tony's made him uncomfortable too.

"Well, why don't you train her?" Steve suggests as the room falls completely silent, the only sound the hum of the coffee machine as Wanda makes herself a mug. Eyes wide, Steve looks quickly between the team, his eyes briefly hovering in Tony as he begins to breath heavily.

"WHAT?" shouts Tony as his muscles tense up, his hands forming fists so tight that the veins in his wrist look like they're going to pop. Gently, I place my hand on Tony's arm as he turns to face me, his eyes a storm as I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Breathe." I whisper as I take a few deep breaths, Tony mimicking my actions as his breathing slowly returns to normal. As his face relaxes again, I smile softly at him before turning back to face Steve. "Continue."

"It is a logical idea." inputs Vision as he links his hands together before leaning forwards in order to feel more involved in the conversation. "His powers are the closest thing we have to Abi's powers," he justifies as Wanda takes a seat beside him, her eyebrows raised as she stares at him. "except Wanda's of course." he adds as he smiles at her. It is true, Stephen radiates power, a power that feels similar yet different at the same time. Just like Wanda's.

"What do you think Abi?" asks Tony, his voice skeptical as he turns to face me and takes a deep breath. Doesn't he trust Stephen to train me? He glances back at where Stephen sits, his eyes fixed on me as Tony's jaw locks. Oh. He doesn't trust that Stephen will just train me.

"I think it's a good idea," I say as I shrug my shoulders and smile weakly back at Stephen as he smiles widely at me. Biting his tongue do he doesn't say anything, Tony locks his mouth shut as he nods his head and watches me. "Don't worry. Nothing else will happen." I whisper to Tony as I stand up and walk past him, squeezing his shoulder reassuringly as I head over to the kitchen where I place my empty cup in the dishwasher.

"It's not you I'm worried about." mumbles Tony as he nods towards where Stephen is smiling to himself like a proud puppy dog. Just as I follow Tony's gaze, Stephen looks up, his eyes connecting with mine as my stomach begins to swirl, a fluttering sensations rising through my body as I find myself smiling without trying. "Nothing will happen she says as she's practically drooling over him already." mocks Tony as he raise his eyebrows at me. Breaking the link between mine and Stephens eyes, I turn to face Tony, smiling sarcastically at him as I elbow him in the ribs causing his to wince in pain.

"Shut up." I hiss at him as I lift my fingertips to my chin, wiping at it to check there isn't actually drool there. And of course, there isn't. Rolling my eyes, I glare at Tony as he rubs his ribs and sticks his tongue out at me like a two year old. And he calls me a drama queen?

"Please don't break Stephen too Abi," shouts Steve as he hobbles over to where me and Tony stand slightly apart froth the rest of the team. "I don't think I could handle training with you again." chuckles Steve as he glances down at the bruise that's formed against his ribs. Ouch.

"I really didn't mean to hurt you," I assure him as I rest my hand gently on his shoulder, quickly removing it again when I see Tony's eyebrows raise from the corner of my eye. "but you have more strength than I expected." I chuckle as Steve smiles back at me, Tony shaking his head as he smirks to himself.

"When are you two staring then?" Tony asks as he turns to Stephen, his smile dropping from his face as he crosses his arms against his chest. Slightly intimidated by this, Stephen shuffles in his place as he stands up straighter.

"How about now?" he asks as he turns to me, a weak smile on his face as he watches Tony from the corner of his eye. Sighing louder than I need to, mostly for Tony's benefit, I step backwards and gesture towards the door as I smile at Stephen.

"Where to Doctor Strange?"