Chapter Twenty-Five

I stand where I stood moments ago and watch as Thanos turns to dust and fades away along with the rest of his army. Suddenly feeling lightheaded, I collapse to the ground, only to be caught by Tony.

"We did it." Steve smiles before turning to see me on the ground causing his smile to drop.

Peter comes swinging across, landing just infront of where I lay.

"Mum?"

"I'm okay, I'm just a bit tired that's all." I smile weakly at Peter, trying to stay strong.

Tony props me up against a near rock before turning to Strange.

"Please say you can help her."

All of a sudden, all the pain leaves my body. "What are you doing?"

"Mum," Peter comes across and hugs me, "you're going to be okay. Strange can fix it all."

"No." I turn to Strange, tears filling my eyes, "Don't tell me you're doing what I think you are Stephen Strange."

"More people need you Abi than they do me."

"No. Don't you dare." Tears stream down my face as I pull myself up and walk towards Strange. "You don't get to leave me again you understand. I need you."

I collapse to my knees as I choke on my own sobs. Strange lifts his hand and carefully wipes a tear from my cheek.

"I'm sorry Abi."

"I love you Stephen, please stay."

"I love you too Abi."

He takes my face in his hands and looks into my eyes. He lowers his face to mine before pressing his lips to mine. I deepen the kiss, running my fingers through his hair. Pulling away, I look back into his eyes, now full of tears.

"At least I got to do that one last time before I go."

"Don't, Please," I pause as a sob escapes me, "Please don't leave me alone."

"I love you Abi and I'm so sorry."

Slowly, Strange stops breathing as the warmth leaves his body. I lay my head against my chest as another downpour of tears escapes my eyes and I begin to shake.

"No, no, no. You can't be gone, come back please."

Tony comes up behind me, pulling me from Stranges limp body. He pulls me into his arms and I rest my head against his shoulder, soaking his suit in tears.

"Shh, it's okay, I got you" Tony strokes my hair as my sobs get quieter.

"We have to get him back Tony, please." I look up at him, my eyes now red and blotchy, "I can't live without him, you know I can't. Look what happened last time."

"We will get him back. I promise."