Chapter 3: Ninja Academy

Today is my first day at the Ninja Academy.

"Aimi, come on, you don't want to be late on your first day of the Ninja Academy!" My father yelled.

"I'm coming, just putting on the last of my clothes!" I yelled back, walking over to my kimono that was lying on my bed.

I grabbed it and put it on. It, of course, had snakes on it. Which is my favorite animal, just like my father, but It was dark blue. At the same time, my father wears purple since it is his favorite color.

I then felt my father tie my hair into a ponytail.

"There, you look all ready for today," Father said, kissing my cheek.

"Hey, stop it; starting today, I'm a future kunoichi. Not a little kid," I said, breaking free from my father's kiss.

"You might be going to the Ninja Academy, but you're still my 4-year-old daughter," Father said, grabbing my hand and heading down the stairs.

"I might only be four years old, but one day I will be a full-fledged kunoichi!" I said, running over towards the front door. While still holding my father's hand.

Father locked to our house and then started to walk me to the academy.

**

The streets were filled with people. As usual, other parents were walking their kids to the academy just like the father was for me.

"I can't be my Snake Princess starting the ninja academy today," Father said, picking me up and kissing my forehead.

"Oh, come on, father, we both know I'm ready to join the Academy even if I might be a little bit younger than the other kids," I said. "Now stop treating me like a baby."

"Oh, don't pretend you don't enjoy this," he said, holding me tighter as he continued to carry me to the academy.

I laughed and let him continue to carry me since I did enjoy it.

"Orochimaru," A voice said.

My father focus turned towards the voice as I started to break free from his hold on me.

"Sakumo Hatake, it has been a while," Father said.

"It has. This must be your daughter," Sakumo replied.

"Yeah, this is my Snake Princess," Father said, messing with my hair.

I looked up at him and smacked his hand away.

"No need to be so rude," he said, flicking my forehead.

I rubbed my forehead and turned my attention to the boy next to the guy named Sakumo. I tilted my head, wondering who the boy was.

"My bad, this is Kakashi, my son," Sakumo pointed at him.

"This is Aimi, my beautiful daughter," Father said, smiling a genuine smile.

I stared at Kakashi for a little bit before holding out my hand. Kakashi slowly took my hand.

"Nice to meet you, Kakashi," I said, giving him a small smile.

"You as well," he replied.

I then dropped my hand to my side, waiting for my father to be ready to continue walking me to the academy.

"Alright, Aimi, let's go," Father said, taking my hand as we continued walking to the academy.

"Bye, Kakashi," I said, waving bye before walking off with my father.

**

We arrived at the academy and walked inside to my classroom.

"Here's your classroom. I will pick you up after school," Father said, kissing my cheek.