Chapter 16: Father's Wisdom

Aimi's P.O.V

It has been a week since I started my ninja training with my father. Most of my training has been improving my taijutsu, working on ninjutsu, and reading people's movements with my Sharingan.

Today I was going to read the new book I checked out from the library since my father hasn't said anything about training today.

So I grabbed my book off my desk and decided to head into the living room and read my book. Not saying a word to my father as I sat down. I sat down on the couch across from him.

The book was focused on the way humans behave. The emotions they experienced and have yet to.

'How can one study someone's body language. If you stare at somebody for more than a few seconds. They are going to get uncomfortable.' I thought, stareing at the page I was on, deep in thought that the words were mostly a blare.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the familiar voice that had been calling for a while now.

"Huh? What did you say, father? I did not hear you?" I asked, looking over at my father, who was looking up from the scroll he was reading.

"I said two things, my young snake," Father said. "Not surprised that you didn't hear me. You are just like me when reading. I completely space out into my own world."

"Yeah, I noticed that," I said. "Anyway, what did you say?" I asked.

"I ask how is your book and what you want for lunch. I'm about to start lunch soon," Father replied.

"Oh, my book is good but confused about how you can read someone's body language. After all, if you stare at them for more than a few seconds, they will start feeling uncomfortable," I replied. "Also, I would like grilled salmon and rice for lunch."

"Yes, a person would start to feel uncomfortable if you stare at them for too long. Sometimes you have missions where you need to spy on a certain target, and getting caught could lead to death. This will help you gain experience for spy missions and the risk of it. All you have to do is have a low profile and hide your chakra to the extent to where it is as if you aren't even there. And avoid coming into contact with the enemy at all cost," Father explained.

"You make it sound like it really that easy," I said. "Which I doubt it is because wouldn't a sensory ninja still be able to sense you even if you try hiding your chakra?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"It is pretty simple. Just find someone to analyze and follow my instructions, and with enough practice, even a sensory ninja will have difficulty locating you. We practice this during your next training session."

"When is the next training session. I noticed we didn't leave for training after breakfast like we normally have been doing."

"I got and message from the Hokage saying he wants to see us both after lunch. If most likely a mission, so I decided to cancel training plus, it's good to take a rest day every now and then." Father said.

"I see, so finally, my first mission," I said. "Also, I understand the importance of needing a rest day. Once again, you always show me your wisdom."

"My snake, I'm just giving you important facts, not my wisdom," Father said, chuckling.

"Father, you called them facts, but to me, it's wisdom," I stated. "Do you think that one day I can be as smart as you?" I asked.

"My sweet young snake. You are already competent. You graduated early, " Father said, ruffling my hair.

"I know that, but you know so much more intelligent than me and stronger than me. Will I be like that one day?"

"You are more intelligent than me regarding certain things like emotions. After all, who reminds me all the time since your mother died that it okay to show emotions around the people you care about," Father said.

"Well yeah, I guess I have better wisdom there than you, but you have lots of wisdom about justu and so many things. I all I ever dream of is to be a genius and strong ninja like you."

"I know you will one day because if anyone could surpass me. That would be you, my young snake, after all; you are my child,"' he said, smiling at me with the genuine smile he showed me.

The only time someone had seen that smile was at my birthday party when he gave me this locket with the picture of mom inside of it.

"Thanks, father your. Yours mean a lot to me."

"Glad to hear that well, I'm; I'm to start making lunch now, my young snake," Father said, walking towards the kitchen.

"Okay," I replied and continued reading my book, waiting for lunch to be ready.

After 30 minutes of reading my book, I heard Father call my name.

"Aimi!" Father called out.

"Yeah."

"Lunch is ready. Come eat!"

"Coming," I said, closing my book and getting up from the couch, and heading to the kitchen to eat lunch.

***

I was now sitting at the kitchen table across from my father with a bowl of steamed rice in front of me for lunch.

"So, what kind of mission do you think the homage will assign today?" I asked.

"You have been improving well, so you could go on a C-rank mission with me, but if it is anything higher than that, he probably have you stay doing D-rank missions," My father replied.

"Oh, come on, that boring. I hope that it is a C-rank," I commented.

"We find out when we get to head for Sarutobi-sensei office," He stated as he put his bowl in the sink after he was done eating his rice.

I nodded as I continued to eat my lunch as my father sat back down as he waited for me to be ready to go.

"All done, the rice was great," I told him.

"Glad to hear that," He said, taking the bowl."Let go and receive our mission."

I nodded as I followed him out of the kitchen and towards the front room as we put our sandals on and left the house to retrieve our mission from the Third Hokage.

🖤🖤🖤

Hey lovely reader!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this chapter.

Q: What was your favorite part?

Q: What kind of mission do you think Aimi and her father will be going on?

Q: What do you think of this story so far?

Thanks for reading!