Chapter 17: First Mission

Father and I walked through the village street, making our way to the Hokage building to obtain our mission.

"So what kind of mission do you think we're going to receive?" I asked, looking over at my father.

"You've already improved your skills over the training we started doing," He started."As I said, I could see you doing a C-rank mission, but who knows? You have to wait and see. However, if it and higher rank, then C-rank. I say it only for me, and you be staying here doing D-rank."

"I hope it is not a boring D-rank mission while you're gone because I don't feel like staying here with Aunt Tsunade. She's scary at times," I commented."I don't know how Shizune survives living with her."

"Yeah, Tsunade can be quite scary," He agreed.

The rest of the walk to the Hokage's building was in silence. The only thing on my mind was the type of first mission. I was going to receive from the third Hokage.

***

Father and I finally arrived at the Hokage's office as father opened the door and walked on inside the office.

"Sarutobi-sensei," Father greeted.

"Hi," I greeted.

"Ah, Orochimaru and Aimi-chan, your both here," The third hokage said, turning his attention away from the desk and glancing on over at father and me.

"You had a mission for us, Sarutobi-sensei?" Father asked, shutting the door as we walked over to stand in front of Hokage's desk.

"Yes, I do," He replied."A simple C-rank mission base on the progress I heard Aimi-chan is doing great in her training and that you believe she was ready for one. As for the mission, some merchants requested help as they were delivering goods to the Land of Tea. Something has made the food vanish. Your mission is to find out the culprit of the vanishing of the food and escort them to the Land of Tea."

"An escort mission," I questioned curiously.

"That is nothing too difficult to her current progress," Father stated."However, we don't precisely know the strength of the culprit, so it is better not to assume that it won't have any challenges," He explained as he looked at me.

"Right, I'll make sure to keep my guard up," I replied, knowing that he was reminding me to keep my guard up at all times during the mission.

"The merchants are restocking their wagons after losing the food and will be waiting at the gate ready to go in a few hours," The Hokage said.

"Alright, Aimi, let's go. We better get ready to leave in a few hours," Father nodded, signaling for us to leave.

"Yes, let's go, father," I replied, following after him."Don't worry, grandpa Hokage. I make sure our mission is a success," I said, calling the third by my nickname as I quickly waved bye.

"That nickname is so childish, my snake princess," Orochimaru said, ruffling my hair.

"What? It is the truth; he is like a grandpa to me," I stated, moving his hand off my hair."Besides, he has an two kids already, one who was is my academy class before I graduated early and an older one he a grandpa," I commented with a smile showing my fangs as I walked out the door my father held open.

"Such an interesting young girl she up to be so far, Orochimaru," I heard Grandpa Hokage say as I walked out of the door.

"Yes, she has grown up to be very special and different from most Uchiha," Father stated."Then again, her mother was different from the rest of the clan as well," He commented, closing the door.

'Father, you don't seem as close to the Hokage as you appear in the past. I hope you're not still hurting from losing my mother.' I thought, looking at father, who softly smiled back at me.

"Come on, let's go get ready for our mission," He said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, through. Are you okay after thinking about mother?" I asked, concerned.

"So sweet, my snake princess," He said, looking down at me and gently stroking my cheek."I miss her, yes, but I'm okay. I have you, and that's enough to make me happy."

"Alright, I love you and couldn't stay the thought of you hurting," I sated, accepting his answer and deciding maybe he was just tired of talking with grandpa hokage and shut the door.

"I can say the same about you, snake princess," He replied.

I smiled at my father one more time as we started heading out of the Hokage building and back to the house to get our supplies packed for the mission.

🖤🖤🖤

Hey lovely reader!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this chapter.

Q: How do you think of Aimi's mission will go?

Q: What story are you hoping for me to update next?

Thanks for reading!