Chapter 10: Aimi's birthday

A/N: The next chapter, I believe, will be the Sakura festival.

**

When we got home, my father started baking the cake for my party this afternoon.

"Why don't you go put your outfit away," he said. "I call you down when it is close to the time or the guest to arrive."

"Alright," I said, heading upstairs.

'I wonder who is all coming to celebrate my birthday. I know Uncle Jiraya is coming and Aunt Tsunade. Most likely Aunt Mikoto and her husband, uncle Fugaku but not sure if he invited anyone else,' I thought, walking inside of my room and putting my kimono and pants away and my dresser.

"I guess I read for a little bit, then go ask father who is all coming over," I said, grabbing a book off my desk.

The book I was currently reading was a book by Aunt Tsunade while she was watching me. A book about medicine.

She said when I got older, she taught me medical ninjutsu and a girl named Shizune who recently started staying with Tsunade since her uncle is Tsunade's dead lover.

Apparently, Tsunade decided to take her in instead of her staying in the orphanage.

I was then interrupted from my thoughts and reading when I heard my father's voice.

"Aimi!" He shouted.

"Coming," I called back.

I put my book down and started heading downstairs.

**

I arrived in the kitchen and saw my father cooking something at the stove.

"Hey, father, what are you cooking?" I asked, confused because he said he was making th cake, not food.

"I'm making miso soup for lunch, sweetie. We can't just eat cake," Father said, laughing.

"Right," I said, blushing a little embarrassed, thinking he only would be making a cake.

'I can't believe I thought he was only making a cake.'

"No need to be embarrassed I only mentioned having to make the cake. That is because it is a cheesecake, so it needs to sit in the fridge for four hours before cutting it. It should be ready to eat after eating the miso soup and rice in the small pot to my left," Father said, smiling at me.

"So, who is all coming over?" I asked.

"Well, your foolish uncle Jiraya, your aunt Tsunade, Aunt Mikoto, uncle Fugaku, and I'm pretty sure Shizune is coming with Tsunade," Father replied.

"Ok, so when will everyone be here?" I asked.

"They then should be here soon," Father replied.

Right after he said that, there was a knock on the door.

"Aimi go answer the door while I finish up cooking the soup."

"Yes, father."

**

"Come in," I greeted, opening the door to see Jiraya.

"Great, the pervert," I muttered.

"Hey, don't be rude, kiddo are no birthday present for you," Uncle Jiraya said.

"Now, don't be rude to the birthday princess Jiraya," Father said, sticking his head out of the kitchen entrance.

"Oh man, she making you soft," Jiraya said, walking over towards the kitchen with my wrapped gift.