Just Want To Talk

TW: Violence, Drugs

Louis slept a little easier knowing there was someone out there who knew the truth about him, although even his sweetest dreams couldn't comfort him.

The sun peeking through reminded him that he'd have to go on with his life. Alone. He turned his body to the side and bumped into a body.

"Jesus!" He gasped at the sight of Anna sitting cross-legged on his bed scrolling on her phone. "Anna?" He wiped at his eyes as he sat up.

"What's up, sleepyhead?" She clicked her phone shut.

"What are you doing here?" Surely she wasn't here to hurt him in his sleep or she'd be a little more cunning about it.

"Your mum let me in." He was too disoriented for her to be this vague. God, what time was it?

"Why are you here, Anna? In my room?" He put a palm to his head already fed up with the day to come. He didn't know why she was here but he wasn't ready to face any of his friends.

"I need some answers." She hugged her knees to her chest. "I know you didn't do it."

Dammit, Lottie. He Furrowed his eyebrows. "Who told you that?" He interrogated her.

"Nobody had to tell me, Louis. I guess it comes with the territory of being a bitch. You can tell who's being real and who's putting up a front." She chuckled softly as she stared at her thumbs.

"You're not a bitch." Louis corrected her. "I think you're a bit of a softie like meself." He jested to her and her face lit up.

"Why would you do it? Who are you taking the fall for?" She searched his eyes. She had the same chestnut-colored eyes Liam has. The kind you hate to lie to.

"I can't tell you." He shook his head apologetically.

She sighed and moved her gaze away from him. She looked straightforward with prominent frown lines on her face. "Everybody's really pissed at you."

Louis felt his stomach drop. It was like he could see their faces all over again.

"I don't know how to help you...or them." A tear fell down her cheek. He'd never seen her so upset. He didn't think anything could get to her.

"Just be there for them. Make them laugh. Listen if they want to talk." He held her hand. "They'll get over it...and me. Just give it time."

She looked at him with tear-soaked cheeks. She wiped at them quickly and collected herself. "What could be so important? Is someone threatening you?"

"It's complicated," Was all Louis could say.

"I-I'm not supposed to tell you this...but..." She took another deep breath and kept her gaze fixed on the wall straight ahead. "Harry's leaving. His mom got another job or something and he's going with her." She looked crushed as she turned to Louis. "It's like some really big promotion or something and it's really far away. He's supposed to leave during the holidays. Louis, you have to tell everyone the truth."

Louis was shaking in his place. He could see his hands trembling. And he was just trying not to fall apart in front of his friend.

He can't just leave.

This was so messed up. He was just trying to do the right thing. He never expected to lose the love of his life. He never wanted to hurt him like this; so bad that he'd want to leave everything behind.

All the grief and pain weighed heavy until it turned into one singular feeling. It consumed him like a black hole until Louis had tunnel vision and he could only focus on this one feeling; rage.