The Tommo Way

If it were anyone else Louis would be exhausted and miserable at this point. He had underestimated Harry's talent for causing mayhem. It was a dormant skill suppressed by his compassionate nature. Louis had a new appreciation for that boy's creativity, he had surprisingly been one-upped at every turn.

It started by Louis breaking into his locker and switching out his lunch with a lunch Louis packed himself. This time the lunch bag was not filled with love notes. Instead, it was filled with premium extra-large condoms. Louis watched Harry blush as he unboxed the contents in front of his friends and then forced the younger boy to watch him eat the lunch he had originally packed. Louis was sure Harry would storm over and give him a piece of his mind.

Instead of losing his top, Harry shook his head and mouthed a 'thank you'. He then gave the condoms to Reese and ignored Louis for the rest of lunch. Louis could tell it was getting to him by the way he twirled his hair and fiddled with his rings. He reveled in his small victory,

The next day Harry had countered by breaking into his gym locker and stealing all his clothes, aside from his underwear. How did he even know his combination? There was a tiny note that read:

If you think you're so big, why not ask the rest of the school what they think? XO

- H

Louis shook his head in defeat. It wasn't original but it did the job. He had to walk back out to the parking lot to get the spare set of clothes he had in the car. Funny enough, he always had an extra set of clothes in his car in case Harry needed to change before going home.

He walked through the chilly October air in just his tighty whitey's. He passed several of his peers on their way into the school. He gave them a tight-lipped smile and wave like it was normal and they mostly went along with it.

He ran into Niall and Olivia as he was nearing his car. "Oi, Tomlinson have some self-respect." Niall hollered at him as he snapped pictures. Louis flipped him off and continued to his car. The gravel of the parking lot hurt his feet so he took turns putting pressure on his left and right foot.

He grumbled to himself as he finally got into his car and dug through the trunk for the spare clothes. He hurriedly put them on and felt relief as the clothes started to shield him from the cruel morning chill.

Louis had started devising his next move as he walked back inside. He could only imagine Harry's smug face as he looked through the photo's Niall took. He had to get him good.

He saw Harry later that day wearing the sweater Louis had planned to wear and, although the tight navy blue sweater looked absolutely endearing on him, he would have his revenge.

The next day Louis decided to take his time. Leave Harry on his toes. He watched the boy's eyes widen and face flush every time he had seen Louis in the hall. He knew Louis was going to strike back but he didn't know when.

Louis waited until Harry's last period before sneaking into the admin office and making a little announcement. He announced to the whole school in his best secretary impression that there was a package that had been dropped off for a Mr. Harry Styles. He used his remedial acting skills to impersonate a senile woman who didn't know when to stop talking. He went on and on about a 'special ointment' he had researched the night before. He kept going on about it until he heard footsteps outside the office coming his way.

He snuck out in the knick of time and wore an innocent smile as he passed the faculty coming to investigate the scene.

He got away with it. There's no way Harry could top that.

Louis figured Harry's next move would either be the pinnacle of all things mortifying or he'd just concede altogether. He waited all day Friday to find out and nothing. Harry hardly looked at him at all. No challenging staredowns at lunch. No flirtatious gazing from across the hall. Louis wondered if he had taken it too far.

After practice, Louis sent his team home and then made his way to his car. He found it had not been the way he left it. The entire automobile had been covered in promo for the school musical. They spray-painted their art and left custom made stickers with the information for the musical on them. He must have got the entire cast to help him at such short notice. Clever, clever boy.

He let out a big sigh before getting into his redecorated car. If anybody else had been going through this much trouble to humiliate and torture Louis it may have actually worked, but it was Harry. Harry was the one going through all this trouble to get under his skin and Louis was in love with it.

He'd never felt more alive. The suspense and adrenaline were like fuel to him and he was going to use it to get his life back together. Maybe things weren't perfect but at least Harry was in life again. As twisted and messed up as this whole game of theirs was, it meant that Harry was in his life again and that's what made everything okay.

Louis came home to find Lottie waiting on the porch steps. "Nice paint job!" She shouted as he made his way up the walkway. "That's really gonna save us on our marketing budget." She smirked.

"You put him up to this didn't you?" Louis kept his cool as if the vandalization to his car was no big deal.

"Little old me?" She impersonated a 1920's housewife. "Of course, you really think Harry has a scheming bone in his body? Who do you think gave him your locker combination." She gave Louis a wink before rising to her feet and heading inside.

He should have guessed it. There was no Harry was any match for Louis on his own. Another Tomlinson on the other hand, that was a different story.

Louis wasn't going to win this unless he changed up tactics and he had to win this. He didn't know what would be waiting for him if he won, but he knew that if he lost it was game over. Harry would be out of his life again.

The goal of the game was to drive him crazy and maybe, just maybe, he'd drive him crazy enough to fall for Louis again.

Louis was willing to try anything at this point.

So, how would Louis beat his opponent with a team member on his side so evenly matched? He approached the situation like he did when faced with similar football opponents, and then it hit him. If Harry was hellbent on doing things the Tommo way he just had to do things the way Harry would. Use his own tactics against him.

Louis knew exactly what to do.

***
Time to be brave.

Don't forget to hit that vote button and leave me a comment!

Love you lots!!