Actin' out

Harry scoffed and left Louis alone in the car in a fit of rage.

Louis had no idea why Harry was so reluctant. They were practically inseparable the entire summer. Inseparable. Louis was starting to worry that things may never go back to the way they were.

He decided he wasn't going to wallow in his pain. He was going to show Harry what he was missing.

He left the car and decided to join his friends sitting in the sand drinking warm beer. The friends had already spread out their spare blankets and towels.
Lottie and Anna continued to hog the chairs, while Olivia offered up her beach towel to Zayn. Harry shared one of Louis' scratchy car blankets with Niall. Liam was stretched out on the other blanket until Louis forced him to make room for him.

The friends dished about everyone in school and who looked different and who was sleeping with who now. Louis spilled war stories about his team that had the group in tears and trouble breathing.

"So he was there. Right, you remember Zayn. Standing literally beside the kid and the guy says to him 'to the left' as the ball is coming towards him and this kid, he says 'my left or yours?'" Louis imitated the junior boy's voice with an added Neanderthal tone. "It's the same left! Seventeen years old and the lad doesn't know his rights from his lefts!" Louis mocked his teammate.

Everyone was in a fit of laughter. Even Harry and Niall were wiping tears. Louis lit up inside at the joy surrounding him.

"It was quite ridiculous. I'm pretty sure he looked at the inside of his hands and made the little L's." Zayn reminisced through his own laughter.

"Yeah. See this is what I have to work with. I don't even get paid!" Louis shouted, but his friends didn't seem to mind.

"Honestly, and Bryers isn't even there half the time and he gets paid to set us up for failure." Liam brought Louis back to reality and it hit him that their first match was coming up and he'd never forgive himself if he didn't lead his team to victory.

"You guys are great. Honestly. You'll be fine. " Anna offered her support and Louis believed the compliment coming from her.

"So Harry, Lottie tells me you're going to have a very busy semester." Lottie kicked the girl in the leg as if to warn her about something.

"What do you mean?" Harry's eyebrows furrowed.

"The director of the musical told me about your little talk and since I'm the assistant director, he filled me in," Lottie explained.

Louis wasn't sure what she was talking about. She didn't mention anything about Harry or the musical.

Harry perked up. "Wait, did I get the job?"

"Well, obviously. Nobody at this school is as qualified for this job as you." Lottie rolled her eyes as if his question was stupid. "I wasn't supposed to say anything until all the roles were filled, but someone has a big mouth." She glared at Anna who didn't seem bothered.

"What's this? My Harry? Involved at our school?" Niall mocked him in a matronly tone.

Harry blushed as he shook his hair out. Louis loved the way he loved attention but still didn't know what to do with it. "Yes I've been thinking about it for a little while and I decided to talk to the drama teacher about offering my services as the costume designer." Harry declared his news and waited for their friends to give him a hard time.

They were all surprisingly supportive. "That's great, H." Zayn reached over to pat him on the shoulder.

"You're gonna be great," Olivia assured him.