Young and Sweet

"I can't believe we did that!" Olivia perched herself up between the headrest of the driver seat and passenger seat as Niall took off down the road.

"Hey," Harry turned back to scold the girl "you should put your seatbelt on."

"Aren't you the least bit relieved? I, for one, think that was overdue. We don't need those guys." Olivia's demeanor was both overwhelming and uncharacteristic.

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I should feel better about what went on back there but I don't. I mean we just pulled the ripcord on our entire friend group. I know they did some shitty things but...I mean...were we too harsh on them?" Harry searched Niall's face for a tell but his eyes were fixed on the road.

"I stand by what I said. What they did and what they said about you two..." Niall kept a straight face. "I don't think I'll ever forgive them."

"So, I guess it's just us then." Olivia sighed. "That's more than enough for me. I'm not going to spend my seventeenth birthday hung up on it."

"You're right." Harry agreed. "Moving forward." He put on a smile. "So, what's the new plan for tonight?"

"The night is young. The possibilities are endless." Olivia started monologuing. Harry and Niall ended up rolling their eyes at each other.

"We could see that new horror movie. The one with the guy and that thing in the mirror!" Niall proclaimed.

"Yes!" Olivia cheered.

Harry slumped down in his seat. "Guys." He moaned. "You know how I feel about those movies." He groaned.

They both reached over in their seats to ruffle his hair. "Majority rules." Niall shrugged his shoulders.

"Fine, but I say we go to skating rink first!" Harry folded his arms.

"Now we're talking! Sounds like a night almost worthy of my seventeenth birthday." Her face lit up.

Niall moaned obnoxiously. "You both suck. You just want to see me hurt myself." He complained.

"Majority rules." Harry mocked him in a Neanderthal tone.

Niall whacked Harry in the arm, so it was only fair that Harry whacked him back. They went back and forth until Olivia suggested they had to stop for milkshakes.

"Finally, something we all can agree on." Niall pulled into an empty parking spot as they drove into downtown. He spent several minutes repositioning himself into the parallel spot, so his friends felt it was only fair to tease him about it for several minutes after he finally straightened the car.

Bab's was slow tonight. The friends filed into their normal booth and pretended not to notice how much bigger it felt. "Hey, look!" Niall pointed. "Diana is working! Hey! Hey Diana!"

Harry wanted to crawl under the table and hide. He felt terrible about how things went with her. He didn't mean to lead her on, but he also didn't expect to start up with Louis again. He was mostly embarrassed about the whole thing, or else she would have been the first person he asked out.

"Hey, guys!" She greeted them with a cautious smile. "Is it- is it just you guys tonight?"

"Yup." Olivia didn't hesitate. "We dumped them."

"Oh. Oh, wow. Are you serious? Did you guys have a fight or something? Are you okay?" Harry liked that about her. He could see the concern in her eyes. She wasn't just fishing for gossip.

"We're okay." He gave her a small smile. "We just came to realize they weren't the friends we thought they were." He explained.

"That still sucks." She shrugged a shoulder.