Somebody to Hold Tonight

TW: This chapter involves sensitive content involving judgmental/unaccepting parenting.

Harry unlocked his front door to find his sister pacing in front of it.

She sighed with relief but quickly bombarded him with questions. "Jeez, Harry where have you been? Why didn't you answer my calls? What happened?"

Harry wasn't expecting to be greeted with such frantic behavior from his sister. "My- My phone died. I was just hanging out with Olivia." He didn't understand the urgency.

"Dad called me an hour ago to surprise me. He said he's on his way home tonight!" Panic flooded Harry's body as he heard tires rolling up the driveway.

He sprinted past the foyer and living room to his bedroom. He quickly stripped down as he rummaged through his clothing. He tore off his button-up shirt and shimmied off his skinnies. He kicked his clothes behind his bed for another time.

He threw on a pair of matching sweats and proceeded to unhook his gold chain. The clasp was giving him a hard time and he could hear his father's voice getting nearer. "Fuck." He ended up ripping the gold chain off his neck and breaking the beautiful piece.

He ruffled up his hair and made his way out of the living room. Where his sister was catching up with his father. He took a deep breath. "Hey, dad!" He smiled wide.

"Hey, kiddo! How was your weekend?" He greeted him as he made his way to the kitchen to rummage through the food.

"Good. Just hung out with some of the boys. I thought you weren't going to be home till tomorrow?" Harry asked from the living room that shared an open space with the kitchen.

"Yeah. We're expecting a pretty brutal storm. Last-minute cancellation." He continued to scour through the food. "What's with all the vegetables? It's like your mother raised you." He was sarcastic. "You guys up for some pizza?" 

"Yeah. That's fine." Gemma was still on edge. She kept fidgeting with her hands.

It took Harry a minute to realize she was motioning to Harry's fingers. Harry hadn't realized he was still wearing his rings.

His father walked back towards the siblings as he dialed their local pizza place. Harry quickly turned his rings around so they were less noticeable but it was too late to take them off. All he could do was pray his father wouldn't notice.

His father got closer and closer as he listened to the trilling phone line. "You okay?" He mouthed. He must have picked up on Harry's nervous energy.

He put his hand on Harry's chest and flipped the collar to expose the tag on the inside. Shit. "Harry why is your shirt on inside out? Did you just get dressed?" His father poked fun at him. "Oh, hi. I'd like to place an order for delivery." He turned to talk to the delivery person before Harry could explain himself and Harry was honestly happy he didn't have to come up with a reason why his shirt was on backward.

When he finished placing the order. He turned to Harry and handed him the pizza place's take out menu he was using as a reference. "Would you mind putting that back in the junk drawer?"

Harry was petrified. "I got it, Dad." Gemma offered from the other side of the living room.

"Don't worry, baby! Harry's right here." He waited for Harry to come grab the menu from his hand.

Harry made large strides and grabbed the piece of paper quickly hoping his dad wouldn't notice the jewelry on his fingers. His plan didn't work.

His father grabbed his hand as he was walking away. "What's all that?" He scowled at his hand.