Damn Right, It's Better Than Yours

Harry and his friends walked into the diner downtown they spend most of their time at. It was one of the most charming parts of their town and had been there for decades hardly changed.

His friends started to file into their corner booth. Zayn went in first and Olivia followed swiftly. Anna and Niall followed the pair and then Harry took his seat next to the blonde boy.

Liam was about to follow next until Louis cleared his throat obnoxiously. Liam took a step back and waited for Louis to step in front of him and slide into the seat next to the curly boy.

It was a tight squeeze for the seven of them but nobody seemed to mind, especially Louis who was pressed up to his favorite boy.

Louis had no problem sharing his personal space with Harry. Harry, however, found it hard to focus.

A young girl they went to school with came over to take their order. She had straight raven-colored hair and a pale complexion. Harry could tell she was nervous to talk to the group of friends.

"Hi, guys." She greeted them.

"Hello." Harry smiled back at her cheerily and it made the young girl blush.

"What can I start you guys with?" She tucked some of her hair behind her hair. Harry thought she was sweet. It was refreshing to see a girl not try so hard around him.

"Any special flavors today?" Niall peeked his head up from the menu.

"Uh yeah." She giggled at the blonde boy's blatant excitement over blended ice cream. "We got peanut butter blast, cookie dough, and coffee today!"

The table started ordering their milkshakes with excitement. Before the woman got to Harry he turned to his friend. "What are you getting Lou?"

He shook his head. "Honestly, I shouldn't. I gotta be in tip-top shape this year." He raised his voice for only Harry to hear.

Harry knew he wanted one, so he ordered Louis' favorite flavor in case he wanted some of his. He was just being considerate. "I'll have a peanut butter blast. With an extra cherry." He looked back at the golden boy next to him. Harry knew well enough that Louis would go for his cherry and that it was both their favorite part. He was being smart.

"Sounds good! Anything to eat for you guys?" She offered.

Everyone shook their heads no.

"Well..." Niall studied the menu inquisitively for another moment. "A plate of cheese fries for the table." Harry knew there was no such thing as 'for the table' and that ninety percent of those fries would be consumed by Niall.

She took the laminated menus and smiled at Harry one more time before turning to leave. "Harry, please snog the server for us so we don't have to tip." Anna joked.

The whole table erupted with laughter and Harry turned a bright red. He didn't think they noticed the small spark between the two.

"Aw someone's blushing!" Niall teased Harry. Niall reached into Harry's bag for a pen and then took it upon himself to write the waitress a little note on a spare napkin.

Harry felt utterly mortified, but this was common practice.

He wrote down Harry's phone number and some other cheesy lines as if to imitate Harry's game. "Here! Let me read it." Olivia demanded to proofread the note.

Niall passed the note to the girl and she added some cute hearts and art with the help of Zayn. "You guys are ridiculous." Harry laughed with them at their lame attempt to set him up.