No Pain, No Gain

*about six months ago*

It had been torture for Harry. The stolen looks. The constant touching. The flirtations. The insinuations. He knew there was something between them and he didn't know why Louis had to be so stubborn about it.

He had gotten close to Louis. Closer than anyone else he'd met at this school. There was something about him that drew Harry in. He was a force to be reckoned with.

He had to have him, and after months of this cruel game, he felt closer than he ever had. He was getting under those beautiful tangled wires that made Louis Tomlinson who he was.

Louis was in front of his locker copying what was probably Zayn or Liam's work. Louis wasn't the most approachable boy but that didn't stop his constant male suitors and fellow peers from getting in Harry's way of flirting with the boy during school hours. But he was finally alone and Harry had to muster up whatever courage he had now.

"Hey." He smiled. How original.

Louis caught sight of him and instantly started to pack away what he was doing. "Hey, babycakes." He pinched his cheek in a way only Louis could get away with.

Harry melted under his touch. How could he help it? He was already at a loss for words. What comes after 'hey'?

Words. He needed words.

Too late.

A boy in Louis' grade approached them. His name was J.D and he thought he was much cooler than he was with his platinum blonde hair. "Hey, Lou. You hear about the fight at lunch with Jordan?" He approached them with a giant grin.

"Oh, yeah!" Louis' face lit up.

"Jordan?" Harry asked, already feeling left out.

"No offense, but this is sort of an A, B conversation so uh, maybe C your way out." The older boy's face said he was joking but his tone implied he was serious.

Harry could take a hint. They didn't want him there.

"Hey, yeah. Thanks, J.D, but you'll have to finish that story later. Honestly, you're breath sort of wreaks and it's a bit distracting. No offense, mate." He slapped him on the shoulder and sent him on his way.

Harry couldn't believe his eyes as the older boy's eyes widened and he slowly backed away.

Louis turned to him with the most mischievous smile and it was at that moment Harry knew how absolutely far gone he was for this boy.

Harry's back was against his locker and Louis stood in front of him with hardly any personal space between them. "Did you do that for me?" Harry's face went red as he felt the boy's warm gaze on him.

Louis eyed the blushing boy up and down with a glimmer in his eye. "Yeah, so what if I did?" He bit his lip as it stretched into a wicked smile. His smile only grew wider as he studied Harry's flushed cheeks.

"I don't know someone may get the wrong idea, that you fancy me or something." Harry theatrically shrugged his shoulders like the idea was preposterous.

"Right, we wouldn't want them getting the wrong idea. Smitten. Is the word I'd use." He ran a hand through Harry's hair while keeping a steady gaze into his eyes.

"Ugh." Harry accidentally sighed, frustrated with this tormenting. "Are you going to Liam's party tonight?" He couldn't be any more obvious.

"I am. And you?" He wet his lips as he continued to entice Harry with his eyes alone.

"Well, I was hoping somebody might want to take me." Harry looked around as if to search for someone to fill the role before allowing his eyes to land on Louis again.

Louis chuckled. "Well, you got your hopes up and everything. How could I disappoint a pretty face like that? Guess, I'll have to take you." He jested.

Harry couldn't conceal the joy spreading over his face. He pressed his lips together as tight as he could to stop him from smiling like a complete fool. "Is that a date then?" He asked as casually as he could.

Louis pretended to think it over. "Yeah. It's a date." He rolled his eyes before unexpectedly planting a tender kiss on Harry's cheek. "See ya." He left the younger boy speechless and hardly breathing.

He had done it. He had actually done it. He wasn't mistaken. The word 'date' came out of Louis Tomlinson's mouth. He couldn't help but feel special.

***
They'd spent the whole night together. Surrounded by people but in their own little world.

Harry wanted to be alone with him but he didn't mind spending time with everyone else. It was a small get together and mostly everyone there was gathered around the fire Louis and the other boys built.

Harry was sat next to Olivia on a very unstable lawn chair while Niall and Louis threw branches they collected into the fire. They cheered every time the fire roared. He admired his spirit.

When they were done feeding the fire Louis rejoined Harry. He snuck up behind his chair and threw an arm around him as he leaned over him. He put his lips on Harry's cheek again. He squeezed his eyes shut as he savored the feeling of his lips. He wondered when he'd really get to kiss him.

"Can I show you something?" Louis whispered in his ear.

Yes. He could take him anywhere he wanted.

He took Louis' hand and stood up. Louis walked him to the front of the house. God, it felt good to hold his hand.

When they were alone in the driveway Louis stopped him in front of his car. Louis took the hand he was still holding and used it to wrap Harry's arm around his waist. He then took his empty hand and cupped Harry's face. He pulled him down just slightly to meet Louis' lips.

It was everything he knew it would be. The way they fit together. The way that wanted each other exactly as much as the other wanted. It made the way their lips moved together work just perfectly.

Louis' lips were so sweet to Harry. He kissed him so softly, yet so tenderly. Harry wanted to fall into him. To keep this moment forever.

Louis pulled away first, gauging Harry's reaction. He was in a fuzzy haze. He could still feel the warmth from his lips.

"So, what did you want to show me?" Harry whispered.

Louis' hesitant stare turned into a dumbfounded smile. He broke into a laughter that could light up the whole sky. "Oh, god." He said when he caught his breath. "You're precious." He pulled him in for another kiss and Harry caught on as they reattached their lips.

He knew Louis was guarded. He knew this was new territory for him. He even knew this probably headed for a disaster. But Louis was worth every possible ounce of pain because he drowned out the stars and the moon and made Harry feel like he had his very own source of light. When Harry was with Louis he wasn't so afraid of the dark. When Harry was with Louis he wasn't afraid of anything.

***
Let's just laugh again.

This chapter is dedicated to straight_vodka1 , Love you, sweet creature!

Don't forget to hit that vote button and leave me a comment!