Operation: Frientervention

"Is this seat taken?" Diana asked for the seat next to Harry in a sea of empty bleachers. Harry had managed to be one of the first to the gymnasium for the spirit assembly.

He scooted over for her with a delighted smile. He wouldn't admit it but he was trying to save his voice for when Louis made his way onto the floor.

Diana took her seat and scanned the room like she was on high alert. Her leg was bobbing up and down as she chewed her fingernails to nubs. "You okay?" Harry checked in.

"Oh. Yeah." She stilled herself. "I've been on edge all week." She huffed out a small laugh as she collected herself.

"Have you slept at all?" He chuckled.

"I'll sleep after opening night." She pulled her long sleeves over her palms. She tilted her head and gave him a playful half-smile, assuring she'd be okay.

"I'm really excited to see you perform." He put a hand on her arm a squeezed lightly. "And at least you sort of get to nap during the poppy scene." He struggled to contain his laugh at his own joke.

She mockingly laughed with him as she rolled her eyes. "If I make it to act II."

"You'll be great." He assured her.

Someone from the row behind them put both their arms around them as they squeezed into the space between them. "There are my two favorite brooding brunettes." Anna fiddled her way in between them while spilling the contents of her food. She had all the grace of Niall on the dance floor after a drink.

"Where did you get popcorn?" Harry asked as he helped himself to her box of freshly popped corn.

"The AV Club is selling it outside the gym." Harry noticed more of his peers filing into the gym with the snack.

At that same moment, he noticed Olivia and Niall walking in together. They were lost in some conversation that made Olivia smile like a fool. He must have said something that set her off because before he could take cover she was throwing popcorn at him. "Ugh. Would you look at those two?" Anna ate her own popcorn like it was a movie.

Niall chased after her throwing what popcorn he had left. He must have got her good because she stopped to smack him in the arm and then pick through her hair for the loose pieces.

Niall stepped in to assist her in her efforts. He used steady hands to free the pieces from her hair. Even from where they sat they could see the rosiness in their cheeks. "We've got to help them." Harry declared.

"It's gonna take divine intervention for those two to stop being morons and open up to each other." Anna set her popcorn down and clapped her hands free of the cheese dust on them.

"An intervention. That's a good idea." Harry thought it over.

"Hey, I thought we were supposed to stop meddling in each other's lives." Anna wasn't warming up to the idea.

"It's for a good cause. The boys and I will talk to Niall and you guys could talk to Liv," He suggested.

"Why do I have to help Liv? I don't know the first thing about boy crushes," Anna protested with crossed arms.

"Just tell her what you'd want to hear if you were in her position. If you really liked someone and needed the courage to tell them, what would you say?" He raised his eyebrows at his stubborn friend.

She uncrossed her arms and fell silent. The question seemed to strike a chord with her.

"I have an idea," Diana spoke up. She leaned forward to catch Harry's face. "They're having a couples game night thing at Bab's. If you guys go it might force them to work together...see how good they are together." She shrugged her shoulders as if the idea wasn't genius.

"That's perfect," He declared. "Do you work after this? Can you come with us?"

"Uh. Yeah. If you want me to. I have the whole weekend off for the musical!" She was excited to be included.

"Great, so if you two pair up and Liam and Zayn pair up they'll have to pair up. I'll text Louis about the plan." Harry lit up at the thought of helping his friends.

"What do you think?" Anna turned to Diana with a hopeful but contained look.

"Glad to help." She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Hey, guys." Niall greeted them. "How's it going." They both took their seats.

"Hey. We think that we're all going to head out early and go to Bab's. You guys in?" Anna asked.

"Yeah. Sounds good." Olivia agreed as she ran her hands through her hair once more time for good measure.

Hey babe. Change of plans. We're all going to Bab's after. Operation: frientervention. Will explain later. Tell the boys. :)

Harry crafted his message with a cheeky smile on his face.

I want u all to myself. Hope u plan on making it up to me later ;)

Harry looked around at his friends to make sure they couldn't see him breaking a sweat over the thought of alone time with his boyfriend.

Promise <3 Give em hell, Honey. :P

Suddenly, the lights dimmed and a voice from the center of the gym spoke. "Ladies and gentlemen please make some noise for your BLUE DEVILS!"

The whole team walked out on to the floor led by Louis, then Liam and Zayn.

Harry shouted at the top of his lungs with his friends and clapped his hands together like it was his job. They made the biggest fuss over their friends and they had every right to. Harry had never been so proud of someone. That was his boy the school was going wild for. He led them all the way to their soon so be final victory.

Louis found his face in a room full of adoring peers. Harry had never felt so special. Louis put a hand over his heart and so he returned the gesture. They both smiled like idiots. Louis gave him a wink before doing his job of getting the rest of the school riled up.

It was then that Harry realized; after all this time, in a room full of admirers, Harry's face was still the one he looked for first.

***
This plan is definitely fool proof, except for the part where it's not.

Talk about a sore loser.

Don't forget to hit that vote button and leave me a comment!

Love you lots!