part two

"RONALD BILLIUS WEASLEY what the BLOODY HELL are you doing in my room at this hour!" Hermione whisper scolded to the frightened ginger haired boy.

"Sorry 'mione! Only trying to wake you up is all," he replied, looking a bit shaken up, which made Hermione roll her eyes and let out a large sigh as she laid back onto the bed.

"Why might I need to be awake?" Hermione groaned. 

"Because I'm taking you somewhere," Ron said mischievously , who grabbed both Hermione's hands and pulled her up on her feet whilst grinning the whole time.

"Do you recognize that the sun isn't even out yet!" Hermione protested while rubbing her eyes.

"Of course, this is the perfect time!" Ron said, giving her a you-should-know-this look.

"Where are we go-"

"Here put this on," Ron said, handing her his large jumper which was just a tiny too big for Hermione but she put it on anyways, too tired to question but gave Ron a confused look the entire time. "Alright, hold on tight!" Ron said excitedly, holding out his forearm ready to apparate. He was beaming with excitement and pride as he finally mastered the skill of apparition. 

"Ronald I'd like to know where we're going-"

"Trust me," Ron said, looking Hermione straight in the eyes and smiling a bit. Hermione reluctantly and slowly moved her hand to grab his, all while staring right back at him. In a swirl of action, Hermione and Ron had landed rather harshly on the ground which seemed to be dirt. Hermione took in her surroundings, tall trees were all around her and an anxious Ronald. There was a log here and there, with patches of grass and dirt at their feet. "Follow me."

Ron took Hermione by the hand and in a rather quick pace, walked straight ahead with a happy, yet determined look on his face with the occasional glance at Hermione's bewildered face to make sure she was still there. 

"Ronald! Where are we!" Hermione squealed from behind him, yanking his arm but this only got Ron to chuckle.

"We're almost there, don't worry," Ron said turning to look at her for a moment and gave her a warm smile. Hermione raised an eyebrow at him, trying to hide the small blush creeping up her neck and onto her cheeks. "Let's not miss it then!" Ron smiled, turning back around and marching forward.

After a little bit of time, perhaps five minutes or so, Hermione could hear waves crashing. I thought this was a forest she thought. Lo and behold, as they walked further and further Hermione and Ron, hand in hand, stopped atop a large hill overseeing the most beautiful beach Hermione had ever seen. The view was breathtaking. The sun was creeping from afar on top of the distant ocean and the sand spread across the beach and the waves rhythmically crashed on shore.

"Ron...you did not take me to Blackpool Beach." Hermione whispered in awe of the view. She didn't look at Ron, she just breathed in the clean air of the beach.

"The one your mum and dad would take you to on your Birthday before school. I dunno, I just...remembered you telling me about this beach and from what you described this one looked the most fitting," Ron said, looking at the ground, kicking the sand with his foot in embarrassment. He turned to look over at Hermione who looked at him at the same time and gave him a big hug. She wrapped her arms around his torso and buried her face in his chest as she could feel the warm tears fall.

Ron couldn't help but smile so big, bigger than he'd ever smile before. "Happy Birthday 'mione," he whispered, resting his chin on top of her head, hugging her back. They stood like that for a great deal of time. Embraced. During sunrise. Hermione finally pulled herself away from him and sniffed to see a grin on Ron's face.