Chapter Twelve

Rubab's POV:

We rushed her to the nearest emergency ward. Fahad opted to drive because Kamran kept panicking and looking back at her so I was sure he was going to drive us to our deaths instead. I wasn't ready to forgive him just yet but he seemed sincere when he said he didn't hurt her.

Plus Zoya was unconsciously holding onto his hand tightly so I couldn't really kick him out of the car either. There were no bruises on her body. In fact, her dilated pupils and blue finger nails and lips indicated that she had fainted from some kind of psychological shock instead.

In over ten years of our friendship, I had seen her like this only once before. Back then, if I recall right, she fainted because some of her repressed memories had surfaced due to old pictures she discovered in an album. I had to make sure it was the same episode though. I glared at Kamran with eyes that could freeze an ocean but it didn't penetrate much through his exterior.

"Before fainting, did she hold her head or scream?" Kamran seemed taken aback at this but he quickly nodded his head. So some of her repressed memories were coming back then. Was Kamran related to her past somehow? This can't be good for her mental health. "What did you say to her to cause this?"

"I-I just tri-tried to re-remind her th-that we used to be friends when we were little. I do-don't kno-know why...why she doesn't remember me." Kamran stuttered while holding her hand tightly and using both his hands to rub them against her hand. I guess he was trying to keep her warm. I simply blinked at his response. So he is related to her past. 

I couldn't disclose Zoya's personal details to him, it wasn't my story to tell. It took years for Zoya to get back her bubbly, happy self after that incident. Misha and I vowed never to mention that part of her life again. It was a request from her family too. Anushay ceased to exist the moment she forgot her memories and it was struck off from all records.

God, I didn't know what to do in this situation. I knew the technique on how to revive her immediately but if she woke up and saw Kamran beside her, she would suffer another emotional shock again and I don't know how that would work in the long run because I still don't know yet if he is supposed to be a positive presence for her or negative. I can't trust this man's words at all. 

Zoya saw something in her memories that caused her faint. It could be anything. I need to get her away from Kamran first. But how the hell do I do that? Do I just wake her up and let it unfold? Going to a hospital will just make everything worse. If her father or brothers hear about this, it will end really badly and that wouldn't be good for Zoya's mental health either. I frowned as I looked down at Zoya. I could feel her pulse but the blood wasn't rushing to her head just yet.

"What are you thinking Rubab? I can tell there is something going on. Come on. You can tell me." Fahad questioned in an assuring way as he looked at me through the rear view mirror. "Is there something we don't know? Tell me, we will help. It doesn't seem like it but we really care for Zoya too." 

For once, his playful eyes seemed to comfort me, assuring me silently that no matter what happens, he won't let it get out of hand. He will help me out like he did in the past. That was one of the very rare good traits he had. Fahad Abroo always managed to calm my nerves in uncalled for situations. For a second, I remembered how he had helped me with Zohaib and reluctantly I closed my eyes as I decided to surrender once again to the man I promised myself I never would to.

"Fahad, I know how to treat Zoya. You need to stop the car." The moment our eyes connected, he stared at me for a few seconds before looking away and slowing the car down. He had that same look from that night when he knew I had given in and asked for his help. But this time I didn't phrase it out and yet he somehow knew. He always knew. Meanwhile, Kamran looked between the two of us.