Chapter Forty One

Kamran's POV:

I tapped the glass on the side table as I waited in the dark room. The light from the moon filtered through the window. Her scent was diffused throughout the room. It was everywhere. At the doorway, near the bed with her scattered clothes, in the bathroom with her makeup spread on the vanity. I always recognised her scent. It was jasmine mixed with her own body odor. It hadn't changed in all these years. It had gotten stronger infact. Strong enough that it was truly and entirely driving me on the edge.

But nothing drove me crazier than the fact that Zoya had outsmarted me. She knew that I would try to find her here. I had been sitting here, in the dark, for the past few hours now. To be exact, it had been 3 hours and 12 minutes ever since she had left the wedding. Not one person had entered the room. No one had even wandered outside of it. Now my question is, if she isn't at the airport, and she isn't here, where the hell is she?

She didn't even look me in the eye as she ran away for the third time. Third times a charm. She had planned this out. And I let it happen. I thought if I waited enough, she would come to be willingly. And I was fooled once again. Her scent and the lack of her physical presence was triggering every nerve in my body. The alarms had gone off ages ago. Now it felt like the calm. The calm before my patience snapped.

I might have given up on her if she hadn't appeared before me again but this? No, Anushay, no. Aisay thori hota hai. Just wait till I find you. I knew she was still in Karachi. She had turned off her phone in the first half an hour after she disappeared. I had bugged her phone. I don't know how she knew that. She is far smarter that I had expected. But she was intelligent. Did she have a second phone? Who was she trying to contact from that? The people in Lahore who I hired to keep an eye on her family have informed me that there wasn't any major change in any of their behaviour. That means she hasn't contact her family either.

Both bhabhis, Rubab and Misha seem oblivious as well. I don't see any point interrogating them, not like Ibraheem or Fahad are going to let me. But that doesn't mean, I won't still hack into their phones to be sure. Any hints right now would do. I just need to pick up on the smallest of her tracks. Anything and I will hunt her down.

I can easily drag her out through blackmail. Force her father and brothers to resign from their esteemed positions? Torture that annoying nosy cousin of hers, what was his name again? Oh yeah. Saad was it? But that wasn't my style. That's Fahad's expertise. I will do it my way. Dialing the number of a tech expert, I waited.

"The last location where she turned her phone off. Pinpoint it for me."

"On it, sir."

"It's a posh area. There are a few hotels and resorts on that road." Oh? She had a second booking somewhere? No. If she did, I would have known. I had already traced all those spots. No. Someone is helping her. Whoever it is just earned a top ranking on my hit list. Just the idea of a man, being with Zoya apart from me felt like someone pressed a sizzling hot rod onto the skin of my abdomen. I knew what the feeling was like. I had done it an enemy of the Narejo's before. Was this Karma coming back to bite me in the throat? Well, let it. I will take care of Karma too.

"Give me the names of all the hotels and resorts there. The name of their owners too." I instructed and then hung up.

Bhaago jitna bhaagna hai. Jitna door jana hai jao. Men bilkul pechay hunga, Zoya. (Run as much as much you can. Go far as you can. I will be right behind you.)

Zoya's POV:

Rafay had ordered food for me and we were sitting in the private VIP lounge with only a few other individuals there. He had been awfully patient with me. I hadn't said much apart from how generically life had been for me. I told him I was attending Misha's wedding here. He had nodded to everything, giving minor input wherever he felt it was needed.