Chapter Eight

Fahad's POV:

I felt my eyes scan the surroundings with a grin on my face. Lahoris really liked staying out of their homes too huh? It was so lively here. I turned to look at Kamran but as expected he was still sulking. I could feel his gloomy aura till here. I thought bringing him to the mall might make his mood better when he looks around and enjoyed the views but I guess I was wrong. Iski soi bus Zoya par hi phassi howi hun. (He is still stuck on Zoya.)

"I thought you said we would look for Anushay. Why are we here?" Kamran glared at me but I just shrugged. After Rubab's lethal stares, Kamran's moodiness doesn't even bother me anymore. I heard three girls giggle as they walked past us while elbowing each other and looking at us. Ah, some women were really expressive. How cute. Unlike a certain someone. Rubab would rather die than giggle at me. But she was still adorable with her glare that could freeze hell over.

"Yes, yes, we will. I just need to pick something up real quick and then we can go look for her." I waved my hand in front his grimacing face as I turned to spot the shop I had come looking for. They had these limited edition cufflinks I really wanted. Platinum plated. They would look great for the Waleema outfit. "Do you want to get ice cream? Waffle?"

"No." He muttered to himself as he took out his phone probably to stalk Zoya. This man really had nothing better to do.

"Perfect, let's get Cookie Dough and Praline. Do you want a shake or a waffle?" I walked towards the Baskin Robbins stall in the middle of the ground floor and placed the order. While we waited, I inspected the surroundings. Packages mall was really nicely made. It was my first time here. 

I was about to pay when I felt my phone vibrate. Ugh, who was it? I felt my heart skip a beat when I saw Rubab's name on the screen. What a pleasant fucking surprise. "Kamran, pay for the order and make sure to pick it up. I am going to take a call." He just glared at me before taking my place in the line.

"Khair hogayi, aj ki date mujhe likh leni chaiye. Rubab Shah ne apni marzi se mujhe call ki hai. Yeh din tou itehas men jana chahiye. (Well, should I mark today's date? Rubab Shah has called me of her own accord. This should be remembered in history.)" I remarked as I heard her sigh on the other side. I could almost imagine her rolling her eyes at me.

"Walaikum Aslaam to you too, Fahad." She replied bitterly but I could hear the softness in her voice too. She didn't look like she was against this call.

"So what is the occasion? Everything alright with you?" I shoved a hand in my coat as I waited for her to speak.

"Why? Can't I call you for no reason?" Was the Ice Queen flirting with me right now? I felt a smile creep up on my face. I removed the phone from my ear and looked at it to make sure it really was Rubab on the phone.

"After how our date went before and your farewell words, this is a definitely a little hard to believe." She remained silent after my answer. Ah, did she mind it? I should rephrase before she hangs up on me. "Of course, you can call me wherever, whenever and however you want. I will always take your call. Because unfortunately for you, I have yet to forget about you." I couldn't stop myself from taunting her in the end.

"You are really petty, you know that?" She cleared her throat making me laugh. "Fahad, um, well." She paused and silence fell on both sides. I could tell she was trying to say something that she was either going to regret later knowing her bipolar nature or hurt her soaring pride. I felt my blood rush faster in my veins as I waited for her in anticipation. What was making her step out of her comfort zone? I wanted to know.

"What is it?" Maybe she needed something from me again? She really knew how to use me. As if I will let her do that again. What does she take Fahad Abroo for? I wanted to mock her again but her next words beat me to it and left me utterly speechless.

"I, um, Fahad, I am sorry about before." Sorry? Did I hear that right? Did she just apologize to me? What? "I was too harsh on you before. I shouldn't have said that to you. I am not used to relying on people. You are probably the first guy I have relied on in my life. So all I wanted to say was-You are listening right? Fahad?" I was brought back when I heard her call my name.

"Yes, I am listening, go on." Kamran gave me a weird look but I decided to ignore it.

"Well, all I wanted to say was I am sorry and uh, thank you for everything. Really, Fahad, I mean it, thank you." The fuck is wrong with my heart? Why did it feel so content right now? "So, if it is alright with you, would you like to meet again some time? I know, our date ended on a bad note and it's okay if you don't want to-"

"No." The words left my mouth before I could stop them. I was still in denial about what Rubab had said. An apology? Gratitude? I should really remember today's date. February 17th huh?

"Huh?" She seemed taken aback.

"I mean, yeah, we can meet again." I scratched the back of my head. It wasn't like me to be lost but her bipolar statement left me in a perplexed state of mind. She really was full of surprises. I know she was planning something but for now, I just wanted it to happen.

"Okay great. Let's talk later then. I gotta go. Allah hafiz, Fahad." I was about to reply but she hung up on me. What just happened? My brain wasn't processing at the moment. She really was different. Did she have a split personality or something? One day she treats me like trash, the next day she apologizes for it. Ajeeb Aurat hai yeh. (She is a weird woman.)

I chuckled to myself as I thought about her apology and thank you. Shit, I should have recorded it. If she acts up again, I can just make her listen to it on repeat. I was still confused as I looked at Kamran. He gave me a 'wtf is wrong with you' look as he went to pick up the order. I just grinned at him until I spotted something. Wait, is that a shoe? I noticed a heel falling from the first floor, coming right at Kamran. Nah, there is no way that is a shoe. My brain was screwing me over because of the call. Great, now I am seeing falling heels too.

"I swear, Fahad, if you keep using Anushay as an excuse, I am going to stop joining you for these stupid hangouts. Just help me find-" I heard him vent but he stopped when the heel landed on his head. Hold up, that was an actual shoe? What the fuck? I looked up almost immediately to see where it came from and I saw Rubab? For fucks sake, I was imagining her too now? Or was I? I watched her duck down and hide behind the frosted glass fence. Well, well, what do we have here?

"Hey!" Kamran roared as he rubbed his head while holding the heel in his other hand. He started running towards the escalator which was nearby. "I am going to fucking kill whoever you are!" Ah crap, he was already in a shit mood and now this happens. 

I wanted to laugh but he didn't give me a chance as I started running after him. He bolted on the escalator reaching the first floor in less than a minute. I followed suit as he made his way towards the place where the heel had fallen from. We saw two women running towards us until I saw what one of them looked. So it really was Rubab and Zoya? Zoya looked at me wide-eyed and screeched to a halt as she turned around and started running in the other direction. Rubab followed suit. She didn't notice me though.

I couldn't tell whether Kamran had noticed it was Zoya but he was sprinting after her like a wild animal while Rubab and Zoya were running in full speed as well. Oh shit, this was going to be fun. I smirked as I joined the race too. After a while, they decided to split up probably to confuse Kamran or something but I guess they didn't notice that I was with Kamran too. He halted for a second before looking at me.

"You go after the one in purple, I am going after the one with the shoe box." He told me as he started running again. Well, the purple one was Rubab so I didn't really mind. I would love to chase her down. I nodded as I took my sweet time fast walking after Rubab. It was amusing. Oh man, she looked so cute right now. She turned around to look at me and slowed her pace until she came to a complete stop while wheezing for air.

"Fahad?!"