Chapter Fifty One

Rubab's POV:

"Fahad, look out!" I pushed him to the side just as Zohaib charged at the two of us with a metal rod. Fahad was already shot in the thigh. He couldn't take anymore damage. The rod collided with my arm and a pop sound echoed in the empty mountains. I clenched my teeth as I took a step back. He better not have dislocated my shoulder. This crazy piece of shit. I have had enough of him.

"Time for payback. I am going to crack open his skull." Zohaib spit as he wrapped the rod around his fingers tightly and charged at Fahad who was still trying to comprehend the situation. Oh no, he wasn't about to touch him. I lunged at Zohaib and wrapped my arms around his neck from the back while my feet hung above the ground. "Get off, Rubab, I will deal with you once I finish this fucker! He is dead today."

"Rubab, let him go. I will handle it." Fahad got up slowly. He was clutching his thigh. Blood was seeping through his pants way more than it should right now. This situation wasn't good at all. It was the two of us in an isolated area plus this psychopath. Fahad's gun was in the dashboard of the car which was a five minute walk from this location.

Zohaib tried to yank me off once again. It didn't work. I stuck to him like a leech. Sheer will and feelings were pushing me to make sure he couldn't reach Fahad. I can't let Zohaib hurt Fahad. I just can't. Not today. Not ever. Not Fahad. Never him.

I love that loser.

The realisation made me smile at the worst possible time. Denial just wasn't going to work anymore. I wonder when it was that I fell for him? When he offered me his jacket? When he promised to protect me from Zohaib? When we signed the nikkah paper? Or when I first saw him again after five years, giving me the most sympathetic look on my engagement with Zohaib? Who knows. It just happened. I fell for this womanising, mischievous pawn of satan.

Time blurred for me as my chocolate brown eyes met his honey coloured eyes. They didn't have their usual glint. He was frowning. How very unlike him. To frown.

Fahad appeared best when he was grinning while coming up with the most chaotic plan that would make me shudder.  He looked the best when he pretended to be calm about me talking to men but was actually raging inside from jealousy. He felt the best when he placed his head on my shoulder and nuzzled his nose in my neck. Why didn't I realise it before? He was perfect just the way he was. In all his devilish glory.

He really melted his ice queen.

Zohaib started patting his belt for his gun again. No. That wasn't happening. I looked behind me at the steep fall. The rushing water beneath it. I didn't have the time before to tell Fahad that I hated heights. He was so insistent on coming here. I didn't have the heart to tell him. I wonder when it was that I started to truly care and think about him? Whenever it was, I am glad it happened.

The least I can do is tell him. He deserves that.

"Fahad, it was short but it truly meant the world to me. It took me a while to say this but thank you. For everything. I can't believe I am saying this but I love you." I gave him the most genuine smile as a tear rolled down my eye. Using the last of my strength, I planted my feet in the ground causing Zohaib to stumble back. "Time for you to go to hell, Zohaib."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Zohaib grabbed unto my arms to unclasp them but I held unto his neck in a vice like grip to constrict his breathing.

I pressed my feet into the ground as I took a step back. Fahad realised what was happening. As he started to rush towards me to stop me, I gave him my heartiest laugh. I knew he had always wanted to hear my laugh. Consider it my farewell gift.

"Rubab! No! Don't do it!" I fell backwards on the edge of the cliff as my laugh echoed in the empty mountains. "NO!"

I watched his stretched out hand that almost caught Zohaib's shirt but it missed. Grateful that it didn't reach. The chapter with this crazy psychopath ended with me.

The fall happened in slow motion. The last of the scenes I remembered before I fell into the icy cold water was Fahad's glassy eyes as he held his hand out. My name echoed in the mountains and then there was water. Lots of water. Somehow, we had switched positions and he landed in the water before me.

The water pressure was fast enough to slam the two of us into the nearest rock. I let go of Zohaib. This river better take him down. He is a menace. I felt my body fling to another side due to the random directions that the river was going in. I kept rising and drowning until my body crashed into another hard surface. Shit, this place was so rocky.

My will to fight gave away and I felt my body getting heavier as I let the pressure take me with its flow. The surface seemed further away and it got darker. I collided against another rock and then I was knocked out for good. This was the last moment then.

Ya Allah, protect my parents, my siblings and him, my dear husband.

The End.

Author's note:

HAHAHAHAHAHA I am kidding, it is not the end. Or is it?

How many of you are emotionally scarred? I know I am and I am the author. I warned y'all that it was going to get traumatic.

What do you think is going to happen next?