Chapter Twenty Nine

Kamran's POV:

"Aren't you going to put your feet on the dashboard today?" Zoya looked at me with wide eyes. I must have surprised her. She exhaled softly as she started to look outside again.

"No, I don't feel like it." She muttered lowly.

"Oh? That's disappointing. I was hoping you would do what you did last time you sat with me." I replied honestly while remembering all the weird stunts she pulled to piss me off. She is so adorable.

"Hm? I thought you didn't like that." Ah, so I was right. She had annoyed me on purpose.

"Well, I don't but that doesn't apply to you. You are a special case." I then turned to look at her. "You care about what I like or dislike?"

"It's basic manners after all." She shrugged her shoulders as she faced the front again.

"You were never one to care for manners though." I countered causing her to flinch and look at me in annoyance.

"Don't act like you know me." She sounded defensive.

"But I do. I even know about the mole you have behind your left knee." When Zoya gasped, I figured she was probably misreading the situation. "I know because you used to wear shorts when you were eight. I just noticed once."

"Really? I don't remember anything at all." I could tell she was avoiding my questions directly. She definitely remembered more than she led on. "Plus, I have moles everywhere. It's not a big deal if you remember that one."

"Oh really? I would like to see all of them sometime." I slowly looked at her side to see her ears turning red. How cute of her to feel embarrassed. A smile made its way to my mouth. When she didn't answer, I decided to continue my interrogation.

"Who was the guy you were talking to before?" I remember there was two of them but one of them was glaring right at me while the other seemed relatively chill. I had noticed the way they had hugged Zoya but I didn't want to bring that up and annoy her even more right now.

"Which one? The one with the amazing body or the one with the cute smile?" As if I pressed a weird switch in her, she smiled sinisterly at me. Was she trying to anger me on purpose?

"Well, the one you want me to shoot first. Take your pick." Her smile vanished almost immediately at my response. Ah, damn. Time had been good on her. She has gotten even cuter now.

"Why do you always do this? Were you like this when we were kids too, Sher?" I felt my heart stop for a second as I turned to look at her suddenly. She seemed surprised as she covered her mouth. Was she regretting it already? I won't let her.

"Did you just call me Sher?" I continued to look at her intensely, waiting for a response.

"No, you probably misheard. Focus on the road. You will kill us." She avoided my eyes as she looked at anywhere but my face.

"Forget the road. Say that again. Call me like you used to. I have been dying to hear that name from your mouth." The car swerved sharply to the right as I avoided colliding into an SUV.

"Alright, I will call you, just stop swerving the car. I am too young to die." I could sense the fear radiating off her body.

"I won't let you die. We will go together if that happens. Say it, Zoya." I urged on as I swerved the car, taking a sharp left.

"Sher." I heard her whimper softly and I looked at her again. It wasn't enough. I wanted to hear that word again. Louder. Clearer.

"Once more. And look at me." She looked at me cautiously.