Chapter Thirty Three

Fahad's POV:

My thoughts were a mess. No scratch that, the ice queen had completely screwed with my head and body. I waited for her to wake up and come clean about her confession but she was completely knocked out cold. I didn't know she liked me. I thought she married me just to get rid of Zohaib.

If she likes me, this is a whole different ball game. I wasn't planning to let her leave even after handling the Zohaib issue but if she really liked me then it was final. I ain't never letting her go then. How long has it been? Did she mean it or was it just her drunken state speaking whatever came to her mind? Which is it? Is she playing me? Damn it, I wanted clarity.

As much as I had wanted to confront her, I decided to leave it alone because a) she was sick and b) her parents were almost back. I carried her to the bedroom and tucked her in. Observing her neck, I noticed that the bite hadn't drawn blood so I wasn't worried about it but it did leave a bruising mark that pleased me. I shuddered remembering her behaviour from an hour ago. I picked up a strand of her hair and kissed it while looking down at her sleeping figure.

"When you wake up, I will need answers, Rubab. It doesn't end here. This is just the beginning of our story." I kissed the back of her hand before getting up to leave. If she thinks I will forget this ever happened, she couldn't be more wrong. I was reluctant to leave her alone. We are already married, she should be staying with me.

Sighing tiredly, I walked out of the door. I need to convince her parents to make her move in with me as soon as possible. I can't take this any longer. I wanted to wake up with her next to me in bed. I doubt they will have an issue. Rubab said she wanted a simple rukhsati with only the closest family members and friends so that won't be difficult either. Maybe, I will push for a rukhsati once Misha and Ibraheem are married. There is going to be some resistance especially from Rubab. Now then, how should I plan this out? Should I rile up Zohaib a little more to speed up the process?

Three Days Later

I refreshed our WhatsApp chat and gritted my teeth. She had seen-zoned all my recent messages and declined all my calls since that day. I knew she was going to feign ignorance but the fact that she was completely avoiding me was unexpected. Doesn't she remember what happened the last time she ignored me like this? Did she think I would let this slide? Aisay nahi hota begum. I had wanted to talk about this like calm adults but I should have remembered that she would panic like this. Unfortunately for her, it won't work. Not after rattling me like that.

Her glassy eyes and the mischief in her features were haunting me every night since that day. How long does she plan to do this? I could see her status as 'online' on WhatsApp. If she doesn't pick up now, I will have to deal with this properly. The first ring went. Then the second. The third and then she cut me off.
I called once more.

'The number you are calling is powered off. Please try again later.' My eyebrow twitched and I scoffed. 

"Oh? Is that how you want to play it? Brave Rubab, you just snapped the last straw." I cracked my knuckles and got up from the couch. I grabbed the car keys and wallet before making my way to the garage. Time for a surprise. I texted Sohail.

Hey little bro, how are you? Listen, I wanted to give Rubab a gift. You know, couples thing but I don't want to let her know about it so can you tell me where she is at? – Me.

Hey bhai, I'm good. You? Well, Rubab is home right now. Mama is at the hospital on morning duty and Baba is at the Clinic. I am heading out for cricket practice in a bit so you can give her company. – Sohail.

I am good too. Perfect. I will be there. Don't tell her I am coming though. It will ruin the surprise. – Me.

Sure bro. Have fun. I will leave the front door open for you so she doesn't find out. – Sohail.

Oh, I will. Thanks little man that would be great. – Me.

This time, I didn't rush. I took my sweet time planning the 'surprise'. I picked up chocolates and a perfume for her on the way. There was a scent I had been meaning to get for her. The first time I had smelled it, it felt like it was made for her. A scent made for a ruthless beauty. These were just distractions though. The real deal was in the bag. I looked at the backpack on the passenger seat. Was it too soon for this? Nah, she started it. I held back that day but it was alright now.

Sohail had already left when I had arrived. Well, well, wasn't this going way too well? As promised, Sohail left the front door open and I slid inside with the gifts in one hand and the strap of the backpack on one shoulder. The old maid greeted me and I inquired Rubab's whereabouts from her. She told me Rubab was in her room. The helpers around the house really liked me ever since I paid them large sums when we got nikkah-fied. It was a tradition to involve everyone in the happy event in one way or another. Something I knew would come handy at a time like this.

I tiptoed to the second floor and stopped outside of her bedroom. I could hear the sound of the hair dryer from inside. I turned the door knob to find out that it was locked. Oh? Should I just knock?

"Who is it?" She turned off the hair dryer. I didn't want to answer so I knocked on it softly. "Parveen apa, is that you?" Parveen was the name of the old maid. I heard the footsteps coming towards the door so I waited patiently, leaning against the door frame. She unlocked the door and slowly opened the door.

I smirked as I noticed the shock register on her face. She was in a bathrobe with her wet hair falling over her shoulders.

"How did you get in?" It was always a treat to notice her changing expressions. She looked left, right and behind me in hopes of seeing someone else. When she didn't, she instinctively gripped the door handle tightly.

"Begum, I think sometimes you forget that we are a married couple now. I am your husband. Why wouldn't they let me in when I got my dear wife a gift?" I raised my hand to show the shopping bags.

"Uh, thank you. You can give the bag here." She brought her hand forward to grab the shopping bag but I recoiled it.

"Not so fast. Aren't you going to let your 'hot shohar' in?" I remarked as I took a step towards her. She flinched when she heard the word 'shohar.' Oh so she does remember vividly, huh?

"No, I am a little busy. You can wait downstairs." She started to close the door without hearing my reply. Not a good move, begum. I placed my foot between the door and the frame and grabbed the side of the door. I pushed on it once causing her to stumble back and stepped inside, locking the door behind me.

"Now then, since you clearly don't want to talk, let's continue what we did that day." I placed the shopping bags on the nearby table and dropped the bag on the floor while bending down to take out handcuffs from it. "Zaroori nahi ke har cheez ki sense bhanay, haina? (It's not important that everything should make sense, right?)"