Chapter Fifty

Fahad's POV:

Our make out session unfortunately didn't last long. While I was busy trying to devour my beloved wife's soul, she had spotted a motorway police individual parked behind us and coming towards us slowly and skeptically.

Through some inhumane strength, Rubab pushed me back causing me to gape at her. Sometimes, this frail ice queen really does surprise me with her brute strength. She had caught me off guard when she was intoxicated with the cough syrup and straddled me and this was the second time.

The police official knocked on my tinted black window and I slowly rolled it down.

"Is there a reason the two of you are parked on the side of the motorway? Car trouble?" His eyes travelled from me to begum before returning back to me. He sounded very suspicious. I didn't blame him.

Rubab was trying her best to calm her breathing down but her low pants were driving me crazy too. I had wanted to tear open her collar and leave little bite marks everywhere. The police official's presence was like a bucket of cold ice on me though.

"Sab theek hai. Humen laga tha humne route galat le liya hai. Ab samajh agaya hai. (It's all good. We thought we had taken the wrong route. We are clear on it now.)" I gave him my business smile, relaxed and confident. He slowly nodded his head before stealing a glance at my begum again. Why look at her when I am right here?

After a few seconds, he turned around and left while I pressed on the clutch to start driving again. The Ice Queen was deathly silent. I waited until we were out of the line of sight of the cop before I turned my attention to her.

I wanted to reiterate my point to her.

"Begum, is baat ko samajh lou ke ab ap aur men hi hen. Na menay apko chorna hai aur na menay apko mujhe chorne dena hai. Jo hai yehi hai. (Begum, understand this that there is only you and me now. I am not letting you go and I am not letting you leave me either. This is it.)"

When she didn't give me an appropriate response or a response at all, I turned to look at her. She looked like a cherry. Bright red and shook. I stared at her long enough for her to gulp and nod her head.

"Good girl. We will continue in the cottage. With no interruptions. I don't think I can handle that again." To my surprise, she nodded slowly again and turned even redder before looking away from me.

She grabbed a small novel from her purse and started reading it. She was pretending though. Trying her best to ignore me.

"Begum, you are holding the book upside down." I pointed out and she turned ashen. Ah damn, it was so fun to mess with her. And then I heard her huff out a breath. She turned her attention to me.

"Make sure of it."

"Of what begum?"

"That there aren't any interruptions." I had to grip the steering wheel a little harder to make sure I didn't pounce on her. This was going to be such a long drive.

"Leave that to your dear shohar."

A few hours later

These were the most agonising 6 hours and 52 minutes of my life. I learned a new level of self control and patience I didn't know I had. I was so glad we were parked outside the cottage. There was a few stairs before we got the full view of the cottage.

How was Kamran sane after staying away from Zoya for fourteen years? No wonder he is numb and dead inside. He probably killed all his emotions in the process.

I think I will lose my shit if I stay away from Rubab for more than a week and that's the most I can imagine. Damn, I didn't think I would ever be so clingy. I looked at Rubab who was eating some jelly and reading the same novel. This time, she was holding it properly. She was completely engrossed in it. Well, if I am clingy, she just needs to live with it.