Chapter Fifty Seven

Kamran's POV:

Zoya was surprisingly calmer than I had anticipated. She either felt safe with me or her sense of self awareness was messed up. I really hope it was the first rather than the latter. Was she used to kidnapping situations or did she just make peace with what was happening right now?

I was mentally prepared for her to try to hit my head with something and make a run for it. But then again, I had tied her up with top grade ropes. But she wasn't struggling either? Were they too tight? Should I loosen them up? I looked at her wrists carefully. I made sure to tie her up over the sleeves so it wouldn't cut through her skin. She was just sitting there and judging me while looking around the room. Was she looking for something to hit me with?

There was the lion plushie I had bought for her so she would remember me by it. That won't do any damage. There was also the photo frames. They could cause a dent. She can't lift the dressing tables or the sofas. I removed the lamps and vases from the room before she could get a chance to do that.

Though I wouldn't mind getting hit by her. Any bruise, bite or scar she leaves on me would only draw us closer. I can finally keep a memento of her.

"If you are going to cook, I want to watch." It was really odd of her to stay calm in this situation but this is what made Zoya the perfect fit for my life. She was unique just like that. "Why are you looking at me like I am crazy?"

"Even if you are crazy, I love all of it." I answered truthfully. Zoya mocked offence. It wasn't fair for her to be this beautiful. It wasn't good for my heart at all.

"Does that mean you think I am crazy? You are the first guy to calm me that. Most of them just say I am very loveable." All the fluffy emotions I was feeling just went down the drain as I heard her mention other guys. I don't know if she was doing it on purpose but she continued. "Yes, Salek found me cute when I looked at him like that. Mohib found it very attractive and-"

"Complete that sentence, princess and you will regret it. I might just chop Salek and Moheen instead of the vegetables." I glared at her but she just shrugged as she continued ranting.

"It's Mohib, not Moheen." Zoya corrected me as if she was proud of her achievements. Was she being serious right now?

"Zoya, I don't know what kind of impression you have of me for you to continue to name guys who have appreciated you but I am a very jealous and possessive guy." I failed to convey my point to her as she just grinned wider at me. I watched her, tied up but her eyes were sparkling with mischief and defiance.

She was playing with fire, and a part of me wanted to extinguish it, while another was drawn to the flames.

She mentioned her exes, each name striking a nerve. Salek, with his piercing grey eyes. Mohib, the passionate architect she met at some shitty party. I would show her just what passionate is. Her words stung, striking chords of jealousy I didn't know existed within me.

I tried to keep my composure, but every mention of another man stirred a tempest of emotions. "Why are you telling me this?" I ground out through clenched teeth, the jealousy coiling within me like a venomous snake. In my head, I had already come up with four different ways to kill Moheen and Salek.

"I was just making a point, you know," she said, batting her eyes at me innocently and I sighed. She always knew how to push my buttons and in the fourteen years we were apart, she had become a champion at it.

I leaned in closer, unable to contain the storm raging within me. "Stop this, princess. You're playing a dangerous game," I warned, my voice laced with a mixture of anger and longing.

"I have never lost a game, Sher." She was so confident. It was attractive but it was driving me crazy too.

"If you were my wife, I would have taught you just what I was capable of."