Chapter Thirty Two

Rubab's POV:

My head felt lighter than usual and I felt disoriented when I came to. When did I fall asleep? It took me a couple of seconds to function and spot the clock. I slept for almost two hours huh? Did Fahad leave? What's going on? Why is it so hard to think right now? Is it because of the meds?

"Uth gayi ho? Kaisa lag raha hai ab? (Oh, you are up? How are you feeling now?)" Fahad closed a door behind him and looked at me expectantly. I blinked at him a couple of times to focus on his frame. It took me a while but I finally focused on his expressions to see him frowning.

Was this man actually my Shohar? Damn. I am blessed. Has he always been this hot? Why does the room feel so hot too? What the hell am I thinking right now?

"Mhmm yeah, I feel good. Just drowsyyy." I could hear myself slurring which caught me by surprise. Why the hell was I slurring? Oh well, who cares? It feels good. Looking at Fahad feels good. What a damn eye candy. I should have married him sooner.

"Why are you talking like that?" Fahad, who had been holding a glass of water placed it on a side table and walked towards me. He had such long legs. Damn, it was hot in here. Should I turn on the fan? Why wasn't the fan on in the first place? Scratch that, I am turning on the air conditioner.

"Talking like whattt?" I slowly got up and wobbled left and right before regaining my balance. I could fear my heart beating slowly increasing. I felt like I was floating. Fahad quickly rushed to my side so I wouldn't face plant into the coffee table. He held me from the waist and grabbed my face with his hand to make me look at him. "Ah, ah. Be gentler with your begum, Fahaday."

"Rubab, tum theek tou ho? (Rubab, are you really alright?)" I could see the way his eyebrows knit together when I started giggling uncontrollably. "I mean, I am glad to see you laughing but it seems suspicious. Are you possessed or something?"

"Aw, kya mere shohar ko men hasti mukarti pasand nahi? (Aw, does my husband not like me laughing and smiling like this?)" I laughed softly and he blinked at me in surprise. How cute.

"No, I love it. The sudden change in your mood is a little shocking, that's all. Are you perhaps bipolar?" He looked closely at me so I twirled in his grasp so that we were face to face. I held on tightly to his waist and placed my ear on his chest. His heart was beating loudly.

"What's wrong with your heartbeat? Why is it so loud, huh? What are you thinking?" I snuggled into his arms.

"That's not my heartbeat. It's yours, begum. I think we should take you to the doctor. Your face is flushed and your eyes are turning hazy." Fahad placed the back of his hand on my forehead and then checked his temperature as well. "You seem hot but you don't look like you have a fever. Should I call the quack and ask him what your problem is? Ibraheem might know something. Nah, google seems like a better option."

"I am perfectly fine, my dear shohar. So you think I am hot, hm?"

"Did you just call me shohar? Okay, that's it. Something is definitely off. Unless this is a dream, there is no way the ice queen would call me that." Fahad looked like he was talking to himself. I hated that he was ignoring me. I wanted his attention.

"Why do you call me ice queen?"

"Now is not the time to be having this conversation. I will tell you once you feel bett-"

"No! Tell me right now." I could see the confusion in Fahad's eyes as he fished out for his phone and started to google something.

"Well, you are made of ice. Not literally but because you seem to have a heart of ice-" I decided to cut him off cause his words were hurting me.