Chapter Twenty Three

Fahad's POV:

I had flown back to Karachi to let my parents know about my marriage plan with Rubab. Rubab had told me she was going to talk about it with her family and update me too. Aik tou samajh nahi arahi woh mazak kar rahi hai ya serious hai kyunke uski shakal waisi ki waisi hi rehti hai. (It is really hard to figure out whether she is joking or not cause her expressions never change.) I don't know about her parents but I had a feeling my parents were going to react positively. Abbu just wants me to get married and settle down. Ammi wants to raise my kids and become an amazing grandmother.

Well, it was still going to come as a surprise no matter how I worded it out. I was practically dropping a bomb on them. Ammi and Abbu had given me a free reign to marry whoever I had wanted until I was thirty. As long as they approve of the girl, I was good to go. They trusted my choice which was a surprise. If I didn't find anyone myself by thirty, they would take over. That was the deal we had decided on. I never thought I would find someone this early. I wasn't planning to get married this soon but that ice queen, she was something else. 

I still remembered the moment she had said those words to me in the hospital, just thinking about it sent shivers down my spine. She was willing to get married to me if other people don't find out. I felt my body tremble in excitement and anticipation at just the thought of Rubab being my wife. I guess I had to thank Zohaib for this but that was a matter for another day. Damn, what a sight it would be. Rubab Fahad Abroo. It seemed so right. Her name with mine was meant to be.

I had lied to Kamran and Ibraheem that I was going back to close a business deal. I didn't tell them about the thing with Salman yet though I did explain that the bandages on my head were cause of a car accident. If they find out about Salman, they are not going to rest until they start a full-fledged war with the Iftikhar Chaudhary family. An eye for an eye, blood for blood.

Don't get me wrong, unlike Rubab who wasn't going to tell Zoya or Misha, I was planning to tell both of them about my nikkah with Rubab. I know that the second I am a married man, the first thing I am going to do is hug Rubab because she won't let me do more than that at the moment and then I am going to call Ibraheem and Kamran to tell the good news. We had a bro-code after all. Plus, they will kill me if they find out in some other way. Ibraheem tou meri chamri utaar de ga aur Kamran mujhe gaari se bahir phenk de. (Ibraheem would rip off my skin and Kamran would toss me off the car.)

The moment I landed back in Karachi, abbu and his guards were waiting to receive me at the exit gate. He looked graceful as ever. This man never ages. His grin disappeared the moment he looked at my forehead. Oh shit yeah, I still had to tell him about this too.

"Yahan par kya howa hai, Fahad? (What happened here, Fahad?)" He placed his arms on my shoulders and inspected my bandages closely. He gave me a warning look that assured me that I better not lie about this.

"Abbu woh gaari lag gayi thi. Itni gheri chot nahi hai. Bus bandages ki waja se ziada lag raha hai. (Abbu, I had a car accident. It's not that deep. It just appears like that cause of the bandages.)" He looked like he didn't agree with me at all. He narrowed his eyes and looked at me carefully.

"Nashay men chalay rahay thay? Kitni dafah samjhaya hai ke agar kuch piya ho tou driver ko sath le kar jaya karo. (Were you drunk when you were driving? How many times have I told you to keep a driver with you if you are going to get drunk?)" He sighed as he signaled one of the guards to grab my hand-carry. The guard nodded as he brought my luggage to the car while I walked with dad. "Shukar karo, tumhari ammi sath nahi ayi. Usne pareshan honay se pehle mere se lar parna tha ke apne yeh kaise honay diya. (Be grateful that your mother didn't accompany me. She would have scolded me for letting this happen before panicking about your injury.)