Chapter Fifty Four

Zoya's POV:

"How long do you plan to ignore me?" Kamran had been sitting on the single seater sofa with his legs spread out in those formal black pants that were distracting me more than necessary. I had read far too many inappropriate novels.

His stare had burning the side of my face while I casually but unsuccessfully looked at everything except his face. The thighs were a different question. How was his waist more snatched than mine? My belly fat was getting insecure. I am never wearing a fitted suit with him.

He has long legs, just how tall is he? I am 5'4 but he looks at least 6'1. I was tempted to ask but I am not breaking my ignore spree.

Even his hands were pretty. The fingers are so long and the nail length so even. Hygiene mattered so much to me. Ugh, if circumstances had been different, I would have definitely married or at least dated him. He could fulfil so many of my fantasies.

But in this scenario, if I said choke me, he would quite literally do it or if not him, Wassal, that psychopath would come running at the first opportunity.

I think all the years of repressed memories and trauma were manifesting in the worst possible way. This is all because of those perfectly toned thighs and waist. It should be illegal for him to walk around with that body.

"Are you done looking at my legs?" The way I felt the embarrassment creep up on my face made me want to slam my face in the classy and quite aesthetic coffee glass table resting near his feet.

I am not even going to look into his direction any more. I will pretend he doesn't exist anymore. That was so humiliating. I thought I was subtle. How long has he been staring at me to notice that? The window is covered by blinds so I can't even see outside. The room is really pretty though.

At first, I felt like I woke up in a five star hotel of some sort. The bed is king sized with black sheets and a gazillion burgundy or I don't know plum coloured pillows. The headboard is made of velvet. It is some charming shade of dark red or maroon too. The walls are all shades of black, red and dark purple.

The lighting in the room was relatively dark too. Not dark enough for me to stumble into something but the lights weren't exactly blinding like the sun. It was easy on the eyes.

They give off such a dark vibe, I love it. Was this his room? How did he bypass his parents when he carried me inside? What even is happening?

What caught me off guard is a little lion plushie in the corner of the room. It was so cute and round with two ears popping out and a tail. Beside it was a huge setup of gaming consoles and a large wall sized LCD screen.

His room was so random. There was no sign of any paintings or wall art. None of that. He had a book case though with books I am pretty sure he has never read. I squinted at one of the books in the wall to read the title.

17 ways to...hide a body?

Scratch that, he definitely read those books. I am just going to pretend I didn't see that. Right beside that horrifying book was one with so many pink and purple colours and it read something like 'easy food recipes' or something. What a contrast. Him being a potential killer and a beginner chef.

There was a few photo frames resting on one segment of the book shelf. I had to squint really hard to see them. It was hard to get off the bed with my hands and feet tied up.

I was grateful he didn't tie me up in a starfish manner though. You know, like in the movie. One body limb tied to each side of the bed. I didn't want to be spread eagle on the bed. That would have sounded something straight out of a bondage kinky novel. Just imagining it gave me goosebumps.

Sher didn't strike me as a bondage kinda guy. He did have a rough vibe though.

"What are you imagining? Your face is as red as the walls around you." Kamran whispered right next to my ear and I let out a shriek. How was he able to creep up beside me so quietly? I didn't even notice until now. His breath fanned my ear and I looked at him with my mouth open. "You are finally looking at me. I missed those chocolate browns staring at me."

How was he so smooth and expressionless at the same time?

He picked up a strand of my hair and kissed it. KISSED IT. I shrieked again. I felt so much. I think the butterflies in my stomach just sniffed cocaine or something. They were going crazy. Omg. Can he not do that?

"Kamran-" He needed to move. The proximity was sending my heart in a frenzy.

"Sher." He corrected me like a child.

"Ugh, Sher, can you move over there? You are invading my personal space." I tried to scoot away while he stared me down.

"Don't worry, I know my morals are skewed but I won't touch you until you are entirely mine." His voice was so loaded, it did something in my stomach if that made any sense at all.

"You literally just kissed my hair. You are contradicting yourself, Sher." I was proud of myself for not stuttering. Why hasn't he moved yet?

"I could have done more." He shrugged.

"Oh wow thanks, how truly gentlemanly of you." The sarcasm left my voice before I could rein it in.

"14 years. You should applaud me for my self control." If my hands weren't tied, I would have slow clapped just to spite him.

"As if you haven't touched another before me." Why did I sound so insanely petty?

"Never. For me, it was you or no one else." He looked offended at my statement as if I had accused him of infidelity or something. We weren't even together.

"That sounds like a lie. You weren't even sure I was alive till like a few months ago." It was hard to believe that he was this sincere and loyal.

"I never gave up on you." This conversation was too overwhelming for me and the butterflies. I think they died and went to heaven. To my surprise, he got up and started to roll up his sleeves. Omg, is this where the bondage bit finally starts?

"Why are you doing that?" I eyed his rolled up sleeves with the perfect arms protruding from underneath them. Men with veins. My weakness. I should just ask him to put the sack back on my head. This is torture. Watching him parade the room with that insanely hot body is a crime.

"Nothing that should alarm you. I was thinking of cooking for you. What would you like to eat?"

"You are going to cook using that easy recipe cook book? And make what? A burnt omelette?"

"How cute of you to notice that, princess. I am better than that though."

"Don't call me a princess."

"A princess should be called a princess. Come on, tell me what you want to eat."

"I don't know. Will the food be poisoned?"

"I will eat it before you in that case."

"What's next, Sher? Are you going to walk around in just an apron?" He laughed. A genuine laugh. It lasted for a few seconds in the eerily quiet room.

"I wasn't aware you were into that sort of thing. A little too soon for that no? If the princess wills it though, I can try?"

"Please don't. I can't handle it."

"As you say."

Author's Note:

Hello and Asalam o Alaikum lovelies!

How is everyone doing? I thought I had traumatised you all too much so I gave you a cute and wholesome chapter. Enjoy.