Chapter Nine

Zoya's POV:

"Rubab isne mujhe mar dena hai. Meri maut waqaye hojani hai aj. Isne ussi jooti se mera sar phar dena hai. Kya karen hum? Shayd woh idher na aye- (Rubab, he is going to kill me. I will die today. He is going to crack my skull open with the same shoe. What do we do? Maybe he won't follow us here-)" I embraced the shoebox tightly against my chest while looking at Rubab terrified. She seemed to be in shock too.

"I am going to fucking kill whoever you are!" I heard his booming voice again and peeked from between the glass fence to see him running. Shit. I am so dead. Rubab grabbed my wrist and pulled me up as we started to run in one direction. It is okay I can get away. He is pretty far. He won't make it. I assured myself until I noticed Fahad and Kamran coming up the escalator. Fahad and I made eye contact for a split second before I panicked even more. Oh no, wrong direction.

"Rubab! Turn around, they are coming up from this side." I screeched to a halt as I grabbed her wrist and started running in the other direction pushing people aside. "Excuse me! Please move! Thank you, sorry!" I muttered to random people as we made way for us. I was too scared to look behind me because I knew he was gaining on us. Shit, what do I do to slow him down? Oh! I know. "Rubab, you go to the right side, I will take the left. Once, I lose him, I will call you. Go! We can do this." Rubab just nodded as she started sprinting in the other direction.

Alright, now what? A light bulb popped up on my head and I had a brilliant idea. The bathroom. I can hide in the bathroom. He won't follow me in. I can just wait it out there and get rid of him. This was going to work, I knew it would. I took another left and started running towards the bathroom. Yes, I can do this. If it had been anyone else, I would have apologized but its Kamran. He will kill me for sure.

How the hell was he so fast? He was like a predator coming after its prey or something. It felt like a wild animal was gaining on me. Like a jaguar or better yet, a lion.

"You little-" I heard him seethe behind me. I don't care what animal he is, all I know is that he is going to rip me to shreds if I get caught.

I ran into the bathroom and slammed the door behind me. "Please help me! Call the security ASAP please!" I begged the women around me but they just looked at me weirdly. I needed to find an available cubicle and hide. There is no way he is going to follow me inside though right? I didn't even have the time to assure myself when I heard the sound of another slam followed by a roaring voice.

"Where did you go? You think you can hide from me?! I will find you!" His voice echoed against the walls making it even scarier than it already was. I quickly spotted an available cubicle and entered inside it while locking the door behind me. Alright, I am safe. I am fine.

BANG! BANG! BANG! I flinched when I felt him standing outside the door.

"I am going to knock this door down if you don't come out on your own. Don't test me!" He snarled at me. It wasn't as loud as before but it was still terrifying. As if he can actually do that. That is a solid wooden door with a metal lock. It's alright, Zoya, just wait for the security to come. They will drag him out. It's a mall for crying out loud. I will be fine.

I heard him kick the door once. I covered my mouth to make sure I wouldn't scream or something. Oh shit. What do I do now? I looked at the ceiling and had an idea. This would work. Probably.

Kamran's POV:

Who the hell has the guts to hit me in the head with a shoe? I would have believed it was a mistake if she had come down and apologized but she made a run for it. What a sorry excuse of a prank. Women did all kinds of pathetic things to get attention these days. All I could see was the back of her head and her flowing warm golden brown hair. I felt something wet on my head too. I touched the top of my head and noticed a little blood on my fingers. Was I bleeding? Because of this fucking shoe? Just wait till I get my hands on her. I am going to destroy her.

"You little-" I gritted my teeth. She suddenly took a left causing me to slow down and follow her too. I have had enough of this shit. I increased my pace to catch up to her but she was unexpectedly fast too. Was she going to the female bathroom? HA! Did she think that would stop me? What a fucking joke.

She sprinted into the bathroom and I followed her right in. "Where did you go? You think you can hide from me?! I will find you!" I growled while panting. I heard the women squeal and scream everywhere as I entered the bathroom. "You shouldn't come here, this is the-" Some woman tried to stop me but I glared at her causing her to flinch and step back.

"Shut up! I don't have the time for you." I roared causing the woman to shut up. I looked left and right. Shit, where did she go? She was wearing something blue. I spotted her head running in one direction. Why the hell was this place so big? I pushed the woman to the side as I ran after her. I noticed her stepping into the cubicle. The moment I touched the handle, I knew she had locked it from the inside.

This annoying little-I banged on the door thrice. "I am going to knock this door down if you don't come out on your own. Don't test me!" I warned her but she didn't reply. Did she think I was joking? I saw women looking us. "The fuck are you looking at? Get lost!" They stopped looking at me almost immediately and scattered like flies.

Fuck, I should have brought my pistol. It would have been a piece of cake to shoot the lock and open the door. Guess I have to break it down manually. I kicked hard on the door lock. I had broken doors before so this wasn't going to be tough. Just a couple more kicks in.

One. Bang!

Two. Bang! I felt the door hinges loosen up.

Three. Bang! The door creaked loudly.

Four. Bang! I heard the sound of a crack.

Five. Bang! The door opened. Hell yeah. The door slid open and I witnessed a rather weird scene. The woman was trying to leave the cubicle by climbing the wooden wall. Was she trying to jump to another one? I sighed heavily. 

This woman has seen far too many movies but I had to give it to her for her persistence. Why was she so stubborn to run away? She was poorly mistaken if she thought she could get away. Since she was hanging from the wooden door, I decided to grab her and pull her down. I was surprised that she still hadn't looked at me even once.

The moment I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind, she started thrashing and kicking to free herself but it was no use. She still didn't make any noise though which was surprising. I took a step back so that her hands would let go of the edge of the wall. She was reluctant but she finally let go when I pulled her back with a little more force.

I stumbled along with her but I didn't let go of her waist either. She wasn't getting away. She leaned down so that her face was getting closer to her waist and my arms. What was she up to now? 

I understood what she was doing the moment her teeth made contact with my arms and I felt like she was going to bite the flesh off my arms. I hissed and let go of her but immediately blocked the door to the cubicle so she wouldn't get away. It was hard to see her face with her hair restricting my view. Damn it, just what kind of stubborn crazy woman was she?

"The hell is wrong with you?" I gritted my teeth as I took a step towards her while she continued to look down and hide her face. She was sitting on the closed toilet seat with her feet up and her face tucked behind her knees. I was tempted to pull her hair back to make her look at me but decided not to. I knew I was angry but I wasn't going to hit a woman. It wasn't my thing anyway. Instead I somehow managed to grab her ankle so causing her to jerk and lose balance. This should do it. The moment she looked up at me, I felt my heart stop.

Familiar chocolate brown eyes looked at me with horror while her lips quivered in fear. It took me a few seconds to accept the reality as it was. Was I hallucinating? No, this was too vivid to be a figment of my imagination. But how was she here? She wasn't even in Pakistan but then again, the woman in front of me was her. I was sure of it.

"Anushay?"

Author's Note:

Hello and Asalam o Alaikum Lovelies!

So who was expecting this plot twist?