Chapter Thirty Four

Rubab's POV:

I gaped at the handcuffs in his hand. What was this minion of Satan up to now? I carefully sidestepped to avoid him as he casually threw the bag to a side and stepped towards me. Should I escape to the bathroom? No, he will definitely catch me before I can do that.

I knew he would be pissed about me ignoring him but I really needed time to process the embarrassing behaviour I had showed him the other day. At first, my mind was in a hazy state and everything was a blurry mess but then it hit me. Frankly speaking, I wanted to dig a hole and bury myself in it but I knew that wasn't a plausible option.

He had asked me talk it out again and again but I didn't know what to say. How could I explain my inappropriate lewd behaviour? I licked his hand and kissed him of my own accord for crying out loud! I even flirted with him as if I was seriously sexually frustrated. I really needed to find a hole to bury myself in. 

My subconscious had taken over me and I couldn't even blame Fahad because I had asked him to bring those meds. I had mixed up the syrups due to my fever. I had absentmindedly asked him to bring a syrup that was meant to 'ease' my nerves rather than my throat. This was so embarrassing.

I just didn't know how to face him. I had hoped it was a dream but the mark on my neck was clear evidence that it was as real as it could get. Should I pretend that I don't remember? But I have already ignored him for three days. He is not going to buy it at all. Just remembering what I did to him that day made my face burn up. The second hand embarrassment would kill me before anything else.

"Fahad, let's talk about this calmly." I muttered while eyeing the silver handcuffs in his hand. Why was he carrying those? Nothing good could come out of this man, holding handcuffs of all things. For some reason, they scared me more than when he carried a gun on him. 

"We would have talked but you ghosted me and declined all my calls. I think we are past that point, love." Fahad grinned at me but his eyes reflected anger. Should I really just run to the bathroom? And then what? Wait for nightfall so he can leave?

"Stop staring at the bathroom door. I won't let you get that far." I was lost in my own thoughts and didn't notice Fahad closing the gap between us. "Tell me, do you prefer the bed or the chair?" He grabbed my waist with one arm while eyeing the arm chair to my left. When I didn't reply, he sighed and pushed me back so that I fell right in the middle of my queen sized bed.

He didn't give me a chance to get up as his right knee dipped the bed near my waist while he placed the handcuffs down and grabbed my arms pinning them above my head with one hand. He undid two of his shirt buttons and huffed as he pushed the free strands of his hair, that had fallen on his forehead, back.

"Fahad, meri baat suno- (Fahad, listen to me)" I yelped when he cuffed my hands with the headboard of the bed effortlessly. He then cracked his neck left and right before looking down at me with a sinister look on his face. 

"Sun raha hun, begum, bolti jao. (I am listening, my dear wife, keep speaking.)" He looked at me expectantly.

"I don't know why you are doing this." He raised his eyebrow at me but didn't say a word at first. "I, uh, don't remember what happened that day so if I did something to annoy you-"

"Oh? You don't remember anything?" Fahad halted whatever he was doing completely. I slowly nodded and tried my best to maintain an expressionless face. "So you don't remember giving me a handjob?"

"What?! I never did that! All I did was kiss and-" I paused and looked into his sparkling sinister eyes. I then realized what he had done. It was a test and I had failed it before it had even started. I had played right into his hand.