Chapter Fourteen ~ Doomsday (part two)

We all got out safely, not a bump or bruise. But a burn. Mickey's hand was practically glowing red, as he wafted it trying to cool it off. Nobody had realised yet, not even myself, until the Doctor spoke up.

"Wait... Malia?" He asked. I looked to him.

"What?" I asked, oblivious to why his tone turned so sharp.

"Your brother? Where's Chase?" He asked. I looked around.

"But he-" I stopped. "We, we left him. H-he said he was going to find out more about where we were." I added.

"Oh my God, Malia we shouldn't have let him go." Rose said.

"We need to find him, he doesn't know about the Daleks. He doesn't know anything, we-"

"Malia, don't worry. Jake, check the stairwell, look for Malia's brother." The Doctor said.

"What does he look like?" Jake asked.

"Like an older male Malia." The Doctor said. I rolled my eyes. I pulled my phone out of pocket and went through my photos to find a picture of him. "There, just take my phone, it has Rose's number on their too." I said, handing the phone to the man who just saved my life.

"Rest of you, come on!" The Doctor said. Five of us ran down the corridor. I only knew the Doctor, Rose and Mickey, the other older man who had helped Rose I didn't know. As we were running down the corridor, we were discussing the Ark.

"I just fell, I didn't mean it!" Mickey apologised referring to touching the Ark.

"Mickey, without us, they'd have opened it by force. To do that, they'd have blown up the sun. You've done us a favour!" The Doctor said, before kissing the top of Mickey's head. "Now run!" He added. We started running faster down a corridor.

"So, Doctor who is that?" I asked, referring to the man.

"That's right you two haven't met before." he realised. "This is Pete Tyler, Rose's father." he continued.

"Oh, nice to meet you, sir." I said.

"Pleasure, but technically, she's not my daughter. We're from two different Universe's. Her father, Pete Tyler, is dead. I'm not him." Pete said.

"You shouldn't get too caught up with that, if I even had an opportunity to see my father again, I'd give anything." I frowned, realising how nastily he had put it. "Understand that to her, you are her father. You look like him, act like him I assume. You're her father, start acting like it." I spat, before running faster.

I could feel that Rose had agreed, the amount of tension hung in the air like a suffocating blanket. We kept running and we finally approached the back of two Cybermen. "You will be upgraded." A Cyberman said. We heard a small whimper.

"No, but you can't! Please..." Was that Jackie? I thought.

Pete shot the two Cybermen from behind, they fell to the ground and revealed Jackie stood in shock. Jackie squinted through the smoke clouding us, uncomprehending, then her eyes widened as she realised it was, "Pete!" She spoke.

Rose put her hand over her mouth, if this was indeed Rose's father, it would certainly be a shock to Jackie.

"Hello, Jacks." he said.

"I said there were ghosts, but that's not fair. Why him?" She asked. She almost sounded annoyed, her tone plaintive.

"I'm not a ghost."

"But you're dead. You died twenty years ago, Pete." Jackie replied. The Doctor stepped forward, tentatively in an attempt to explain.

"It's Pete from a different Universe. There are parallel worlds, Jackie. Every single decision we make creates a parallel existence, a different dimension where..."