Chapter Fifteen ~ The Runaway Bride (part one)

I ran down the few remaining stairs. "Doctor? How did-" I asked, but I was soon cut off. 

"You can't do that, I wasn't... we're in flight! That is... that is physically impossible!" He gestured, looking around for some explanation. "How did...??"

"Tell me where I am." She commanded. "I demand you to tell me right now, where I am?" She demanded. 

"Inside the TARDIS." The Doctor stared at her. 

"The what?" She asked.

"The TARDIS!" I repeated, making her jump slightly as she hadn't noticed me. The Doctor had turned to the console now, searching for an explanation.

"The what??" She asked again. 

"It's called the TARDIS." The Doctor replied again. 

"That's not even a proper word. You're just saying things." The bride replied, angrily. 

"Technically no, it's an acronym." I said, quietly, but loud enough for her to hear me. Which resulted in an angry gaze from her. 

"How did you get in here?" The Doctor asked. 

At that point in the conversation, I ran back up the stairs. Chase was only a few corridors away and at the way the conversation was going, we had to leave very soon. Probably to return the bride to which ever church she was snatched from. 

But it didn't make any sense. We were in space, mid-flight. There was no possible way that she could have appeared. Maybe she's an alien too. I don't know, unlikely. She was far to cockney to be an alien. I can tell a Londoner from a mile away. 

As I was running through the corridors, it came to me. A voice. A familiar one. Like I had heard it. 

"The valiant child who will die in battle so very soon." 

The Beast. He had said it. 

About Rose. 

Did that mean he was right? All those 'predictions' he made, all those assumptions he made about the crew, they were true. My mind fell silent. No thoughts for a single moment until. 

"And the child who's suicide will one day cause the Storm that all in the Universe fear." 

So, it's true. 

I was going to create something one day. Something so powerful, that I become feared. But what? I was human. I was just a normal girl, what could I possibly do? 

"Malia?" The voice jolted me from my single thought. I blinked my eyes. 

"Chase?" I asked, noticing that my brother had found me stood in a corridor of the TARDIS. 

"You okay?" He asked, worry in his eyes. He must have seen the pain-stricken look in my face as my head hurt from unravelling what was to happen. But like always I answered with,

"I'm fine," 

Lying to cover up the truth was easier. Lying was always the easiest option. Having people too close was like playing too close to fire, people always get burned. They get scorched. They hurt. 

And the recovery, is exhausting and pain-filled too. 

"There's a situation, you better come." I said, changing the subject quickly, and effectively. 

He nodded, and we ran side by side as we navigated out way back to the main console room to find the Doctor. 

We climbed down the steps to the console room, and Chase stops in amazement. We both realised, pretty soon that we had walked in on something deep.