Chapter Eight ~ Fear Her (part one)

The TARDIS wheezed as she set down. It had been two weeks since we were on Krop tor. Only last week we went to another planet, but our trip was cut short when we had to go shout at a man for hurting Rose's mum. Jackie seemed like a woman who everyone went to for assistance. She was really upset by what Elton had done to her. I mean who wouldn't be.

He purposefully used her to get to the Doctor, Rose and myself. Luckily, no one knows about Chase, especially since he's still in Manchester and not here in London like Rose's mum is. Me and Rose had become really close, I would say best friends. But Sadie was my best friend. Sadie! It felt so unusual to say that name now. It had been two weeks and I could hardly remember her. That scared me.

Was I willing to give up my whole life? My friends, my teachers... Chase!

Was I going to throw that all away? To waste my education, to leave my brother alone. I'll never get to go to University. But I couldn't think about that right now. Again, we had another journey outside. This time the Doctor had told us that we would be excited about this one.

So, I had changed my clothes. The Doctor had a huge wardrobe, that was seemingly bigger on the inside, which made me laugh when I first saw it. Now I had changed into a pair of black denim shorts, with an over-sized nirvana shirt. "He's a punk!" I remember saying, as I looked at the shirt before putting it on. I also grabbed a black leather jacket and a pair of black boots.

I yawned as we walked towards the TARDIS door. The Doctor opened the door but the TARDIS had materialized the wrong way round. Something was blocking the door completely. "Ah." The Doctor sighed. He ran back to the console of the TARDIS and attempted to turn the TARDIS around. The back again to the door.

"Ah!" He said, this time with more glee as he stepped out. Rose had a blue denim jacket on, a yellow shirt and black bell bottom jeans. But I was never a fan of bell bottoms. They never sat right on me. We looked around. "Shane Ward? Dear God!" I whispered. "So, near future, yeah?" Rose asked. "I had a passing fancy. Only it didn't pass, it stopped." The Doctor replied.

We walked down a road. 'LONDON 2012' banners were scattered all over the place. "Oh my God!" I noticed. "2012 Olympics." I smiled. "30th Olympia." The Doctor said. Rose walked to the Doctor and linked her arm with his. "No way! Why didn't I think of this, that's great! Ah!" Rose beamed with delight.

The Doctor looked at me who was sauntering behind, taking it all in. He extended his hand and I grabbed it. "Only seems like yesterday a few naked Greek blokes were tossing a discus about... wrestling each other in the sand with crowds stood about, begging... no, wait a minute... that was Club Med." The Doctor stated, before laughing at his own joke nudging Rose and then me. I didn't want to laugh, but I did.

"Just in time for the opening doo dah, ceremony... tonight, I thought you'd like that. Last one they had in London was dynamite. Wembley, 1948. I loved it so much, I went back and watched it all over again. Fella carrying the torch... lovely chap, what was his...?" The Doctor kept rambling on but Rose and I had noticed 'MISSING' posters tacked onto the lamp posts, but the Doctor hadn't noticed Rose go one way and I go another. "Mark...? John...? Mark...? Legs like pipe cleaners, but strong as a whippet." The Doctor added.

"Doctor..." Rose said. "And in those days, everybody had a tea party to go to." The Doctor continued. "Doctor?" I said. "Did you ever have one of those little cakes with the crunchy ball bearings on top...?" The Doctor asked. "You should really look." Rose added. "Do you know those, those things?" The Doctor asked, then he finally sauntered over to Rose. "Nobody else in this entire galaxy's ever even bothered to make edible ball bearings. Genius." He said, then I assumed he saw the poster of the little boy who had gone missing.