Chapter Eleven ~ Army of Ghosts (part one)

Rose wanted to go home. Not to stay, of course. How could she leave this life behind? She had a rucksack with her, filled with clothes that she wanted washing. "It's only fair, Malia got to go home." She smiled.

"Yeah, anyway let's go then." The Doctor said. "Chase, hold on." I said, trying not to smile. "Why?" he asked. The Doctor pulled a lever, and it started. "Yep," he laughed. He started to hold on to the railings on the TARDIS. The adventure began. It shouldn't take long, it's not like we were going to another planet or anywhere different in time.

So, the journey was pretty short, but it was bumpier than usual. It was strange it was almost as if the TARDIS knew what was coming. Almost as if she could sense the heart-ache. The TARDIS materialised near Rose's house and we stepped out into the cool London air.

I looked around, noticing we landed in a children's play area. Rose had a large red rucksack, which she slung on her back. The Doctor and I walked out, closely followed by Chase.

"How did that? Where-wha?" Chase stuttered, hopelessly stumbling over his words. We set off towards the flats on the Powell Estate. Rose had an unusual spring in her step, obviously excited. Her spirits were definitely uplifted from our last few adventures.

After a 2 minute walk, we entered a house. "Mum, it's us. We're ba-ack!" Rose said extremely happy. Her mother walked out from a room and greeted us warmly.

"Oh, I don't know why you bother with that phone! You never use it!" She said, exasperated and pleased at the same time.

"Shut up, come here!" Rose grinned. The two women hugged, a lot. Constantly saying the words "I love you...". The Doctor tried to squeeze past them, trying to sidle off, but Rose's mother spots him.

"Oh, no you don't. Come here!" Her mother said grabbing him. She pulls him towards her and plants a hug on him, despite his week protests. "Oh, you lovely big fella! Oh, you're all mine!" She smiled.

"Just... just... just put me down!" The Doctor protested.

"Yes you are!" She kissed him again. She then looked to me and Chase who stood awkwardly in the doorway.

"Come on in, don't be scared." She grinned. "Now what's your names?" She asked.

Chase stepped forward first. "Chase, Chase Quinn." He said.

"Nice to meet you, Chase," she said, as she embraced him tightly. "And who's this?" She asked, looking to me. I froze. Meeting the Doctor and Rose was fine, but this was different.

This was a mother!

Something that I had never had. I almost stopped breathing, my entire being paused. Haltered. "This is my younger sister, Malia," he replied. It jolted me from my sudden pause.

"Nice to meet you," I said, trying to force a smile. I reached out my hand. "I'm a friend of Rose's and the Doctor," I added.

"Friends? Never, everyone in this house is family..." she smiled, as she gave me a large hug. As I was between her arms I saw the Doctor look down to me from the living room. I didn't know how to react to the embrace, it took me a while to put my arms around her.

The Doctor saw this and frowned. He knew why.

"I'm Jackie, Rose's mum. Now, come in here and we can all talk," she smiled. I looked up to Chase and I watched him frown at me. He gave my hand a quick squeeze, before we went to the living room. Rose took the backpack of her and dumped it into her mother's hands.

"I've got loads of washing for ya! And, I got you this!" Rose smiled. She showed Jackie a tiny ornate bottle with a wide grin. "It's from the market on this asteroid bazaar. It's made of um..." she turned to the Doctor for help. "what's it called?" she asked.