Chapter Four ~ The Impossible Planet (part one)

Eventually, we landed. It didn't seem as bumpy now. But it sounded different to how it landed when he dropped me and Chase off at the Orphanage. The TARDIS groaned and wheezed, differently that usual. The Doctor and Rose stepped out of the doors first. "I dunno what's wrong with her, she's sort of... queasy. Indigestion, like she didn't wanna land." The Doctor stated. "Oh, if you think there's gonna be trouble, we could always get back inside and go somewhere else..." She started serious at first, but then her tone switched half way into a giggly child. They both burst out laughing, and I was stood at the back not knowing why they were laughing.

The Doctor looked around. "I think..." The Doctor said. "we've landed inside a cupboard! Here we go!" He pushed the door open and entered another part of the base. A computer voice then stated "Open Door 15..."

"Some sort of base... moon base, sea base, space base... they build these things out of kits." The Doctor said. Rose listened to the roars of wind outside. "Glad we're indoors, sounds like a storm out there..." She said. "Open Door 16." The computer said again, as the Doctor opened another door. Rose and I followed him out. "Human design, you've got a thing about kits. This place was put together like a flat-pack wardrobe, only bigger. And easier." The Doctor smiled. We walked through another door. "Open Door 17." The computer says again, as we come into some sort of canteen, or cafeteria area. "What is this place?" I asked. The Doctor strode into the middle of the room. "Oh, it's a sanctuary base!" He replied. "Close Door 17." The Computer said. "Deep Space exploration. We've gone way out. And listen to that, underneath..." The Doctor said, pointing downwards and indicating me and Rose to listen.

We both hear the quiet hum of drills. "Someone's drilling." The Doctor said. "It's quiet though, how far down have these people drilling. What are they trying to reach?" I asked. "Good question." He replied. I watched as Rose walked towards a wall to a wall, but I thought nothing of it. "Welcome to Hell." Rose said, then I turned to her and saw what she saw, but the Doctor was still facing away from it. "Oh, it's not that bad!" He replied, rolling his eyes. Rose laughed and pointed at the wall. "No, over there!" She giggled.

The words WELCOME TO HELL were scrawled on the wall, with some kind of ancient symbols written underneath. The Doctor stared at it, with worried eyes. "Hold on..." He said. He went over to it. "What does that say?" He asked. I followed him closely and stood on his right hand side. "That's weird. It won't translate." He said.

"Translate?" I asked "But I thought the TARDIS translate everything, writing as well. We should see English." Rose said. "Exactly. If that's not working, then it means... this writing is old. Very old. Impossibly old." The Doctor said. Then he jumped up and walked towards another door. "We should find out who's in charge here." He said, as beginning turning the wheel to open the door. "We've gone beyond the reach of the TARDIS knowledge. Not a good move. And if someone's lucky enough..." He added.

"Open Door 19."

The door opened, revealing strange creature with a number of small noodle like tentacles coming out of their mouths. We all gasp in shock, and we stumble back a few steps. The creatures stood on the other side of the door, blinking at us intensely. "Right! Hello! Sorry! Uh... I was just saying, uh... nice base!" The Doctor smiled, trying to regain his composure.

"We must feed." The creatures said in unison. "You're gonna what?" The Doctor asked. "We must feed." They repeated. "Yeah. I think they mean us." Rose stated before walking backwards. We all started to retreat towards a wall. The creatures advanced as we started to be pushed back towards the wall. The creatures continued to speak the same words. We try and run towards the other door, but it opens and more of those creatures come through it, leaving the only option to back into a wall behind us.