Chapter Five ~ The Impossible Planet (part two)

"Everyone... evacuate 11 to 13, we've got a breach! The base is open. Repeat: the base is open." Zach said through the intercom. We were all running through corridors. When we were in Habitation Area Three, we just kept running and running. Then we saw Mr Jefferson stood in a hallway door. "Come on! Keep moving!" He yelled as he was trying to open a door. Me, Danny, Rose and the Doctor came from one direction and Ida and a few other crew member from another. We all piled into a little corridor. Then Jefferson pulled Toby through the door. "And you too, Toby!" He said.

Toby fell flat on the metal floor. "Toby?" I gasped. "You alright? I asked, as I crouched beside him. He nodded. He was sweating and panting excessively. "Breach sealed. Breach sealed." The Computer said. The Doctor dashed over to me and Rose. "Everyone alright? What happened? What was it?" He asked. "Hull breach! We were open to the elements. A couple of minutes and we'd have been inspecting that black hole at close quarters." Jefferson replied.

Rose saw me and Toby on the floor and decided to crouch down with us. "That wasn't a quake. What caused it?" The Doctor asked. "We've lost section 11 to 13. Everyone alright?" Zach asked through the intercom. "We've got everyone here except Scooti. Scooti, report." Jefferson said into his wrist device. But there's only static and a beep from the communication device. "Scooti Manista?" That's an order. Report." Jefferson repeated. Again, only static sounded. I sat on the floor, holding my breathe, crossing my fingers.

"She's alright." Zach said. Ida and Jefferson breath a sigh of relief, similar to how I did when I heard. "I picked up her bio chip, she's in Habitation 3. Better go and check if she's not answering, she might be unconscious." Zach stated. I noticed Toby examine his hands, at first I thought nothing of it. "Hey, you okay?" I asked. "Ye-yeah. Fine." He stuttered. "How about that, eh? We survived." Zach stated. "Habitation 3... come on, I don't often say this, but I think we could all do with a drink. Come on." Jefferson said, everyone walked down the corridor apart from The Doctor, Rose, Toby and I, who were still on the floor. The Doctor joined us crouching to Toby, who still looked severely shaken.

"What happened?" The Doctor asked. "I don't... I dunno, I... I was working and then I can't remember. All... all that noise, the room was falling apart, there was no air." Toby was speaking very fast, like he was flustered. Rose then stood up and helped Toby to his feet. "Come on. Up you get. Come and have some Protein One." Rose said, as she linked her arm with Toby.

"Oh, you've gone native." The Doctor said, as he extended his hand for me to grab. I grabbed it and he lifted me up. "Oi, don't knock it. It's nice. Protein One with just a..." Rose clicked her fingers. "...dash of Three." She added.

"You alright?" He asked. "Yeah, fine. I guess." I replied. "I'm sorry, about this. Your first adventure, and I've trapped you here." He continued. "Like Rose said before, it could be worse." I replied, trying to keep a brave facade. Toby turned his head to look at me, and I couldn't help but blush. I looked up to the Doctor, who didn't look all that pleased. "What?" I asked. "Nothing." He replied.

...

Habitation Three was chaotic, everyone was panicking over the whereabouts of Scooti. "Have you seen Scooti?" Ida asked. "No, no, no, I don't think so." Toby responded. "Scooti, please respond, if you can hear this please respon... Habitation 6." Ida was beside herself, she was going mad. "Nowhere here." Jefferson said. "Zach? We've got a problem, Scooti's still missing." He added, into his device. "It says Habitation 3." Zach replied. "Yeah, well that's where I am, and I'm telling you she's not there." Jefferson responded.

I watched as the Doctor kept his eyes above. I almost didn't want to look. "I've found her." The Doctor sighed. We all looked upwards, following he gaze that I didn't want to follow. Rose's hand flies over her mouth. "Oh my God..." Rose gasped. My mouth dropped, and I grabbed my shirt in a tight fist.