Chapter Thirteen ~ Doomsday(part one)

The aliens rolled towards us, advancing quickly to us, howling "exterminate" every couple seconds. I swear at any moment they could have destroyed us. I'm not one to make assumptions, but yelling "exterminate" isn't a good guy thing. And the way Rose froze in fear, I knew they weren't good.

"Daleks!" Rose shouted. Daleks? My head started to hurt a little when I head the word, but I assumed it was from the bright light of the sphere.

They fell silent, taken aback.

"You're called 'Daleks'." Rose added. I watched as they seemed to stop. The Dalek's didn't respond, seeming to simply observe her. Rose walked towards them, letting go of my hand. "I know your name," she started. Then she took off her lab coat.

"Think about it: how can I know that? A human... who knows about the Daleks. And the Time War. If you wanna know how, then keep up alive. That's all I'm asking. Me and my friends." Rose said. She's good. Probably get's it from the Doctor.

"Yeah, Daleks. Time War. Me too." Mickey said, obviously lying. The Dalek's eye-piece swivelled around to look at Mickey.

"Yeah. And me." Rajesh stated.

Rose looked at me and I nodded. "Yeah, the Time War." I said quietly, but loud enough to be heard.

"You will be... necessary." The Dalek said to Rose, before turning to look at another Dalek. "Report: what is the status of the Genesis Ark?" It asked.

"Status: hibernation." One answered.

"Commence awakening."

"The Genesis Ark must be protected above all else."

The Daleks turned to the Genesis Ark, which also emerged from the sphere. It clamped it's suction arm to the side of the ark.

"The Daleks, you said they were all dead." Mickey said, still pointing his gun at the Daleks.

"Never mind that, what the hell's a Genesis Ark?" Rose asked.

"I don't wanna be the pessimistic one here, but a Genesis Ark doesn't sound like something I'd want at a birthday party." I frowned.

"You're right, this isn't good." Rose said.

"So, explain then? What are Daleks, they sound so-" But I was interrupted.

"Evil." Mickey said.

"Familiar?" I asked.

"They're evil. like Mickey said. The Doctor's people fought them for years, back in the Time War. They destroyed his home planet, billions of people gone." Rose said.

"Oh my God," I cried.

"Yeah, he's the only one left. The Daleks took everything from him." Rose added.

"We need to tell him-" I was interrupted again, this time by a Dalek.

"Which of you is least important?" A Dalek asked. It looked to me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rose asked.

"Which of you is least important?" It asked again.

"Nah, we don't work like that. None of us." Rose protested.

"Designate the least important!" It argued.

"This is my responsibility." Rajesh claimed.

"No, don't!" Rose tried holding him back., but he ignored her and stood before the Dalek, dejectedly.

"I er, I represent the Torchwood Institute. Anything you need, you... come through me. Leave these three alone." He said, referring to me, Rose and Mickey.