6

Weak streams of sunlight filtered through the curtains, directly shining onto the blonde's sleeping face. Blinking tiredly, he adjusted his position by turning over. The space next to him was unexpectedly cold, resulting in the Uzumaki to slowly open his eyes in confusion. As he sat up, he remembered last night's events of having slept in the same bed as Sasuke. He blushed lightly at the thought.

In fact, where is Sasuke?

Throwing the covers off of himself, he got up to look around the apartment, but yet no avail.

Walking back to his room, he fully opened the curtains. Now that the room was exposed to sunlight, he noticed a folded note by his bed side table. Picking it up, he opened it:

Dear Naruto,

I'm sorry to leave like this, but I think I might have a link towards the Hashirama cells.

I'm going to go see Lord Orchimaru for further detail on that subject. You'll hopefully see me in a few days, or at least by the time you get back from your next mission. When I return I'll come straight back here; I still have the key you gave me a while back to get inside.

Sasuke

A new flash of worry came over him as he read the name 'Orchimaru'. He was a known rouge ninja, one of the legendary Leaf Sanin, who tested illegal experiments on children and adults alike, barely escaping Konoha with his life once found out. Wouldn't that make Sasuke a criminal? Not like it makes much difference anyway..

Sasuke had mentioned his mission, which in return, he had completely forgotten about and was glad to be reminded.

At that, he got his shinobi attire on and left for the gates.

As he neared the exit of Konoha, he noticed Shino waiting patiently, Kiba not so much. Hinata was apparently on another mission resulting in him taking her place.

"Right, let's go." Shino, the leader of the three-man squad, walked out the gates, followed by Naruto, Kiba and Akamaru.

Sasuke POV

The sky was a cloudy grey, threatening to rain once more as the raven trudged through the woods. Icey breeze nipped against the exposed pale skin of his hands and face, a faint blush reacting at the tip of his nose. When he had stayed at the Sound Village after his escape, he had heard rumours about Orchimaru being around these parts.

The squeaking of damp leaves under foot was heard ahead before a young looking man with round glasses and a dark cloak emerged from a nearby thicket. Instinctively, Sasuke's three point sharingan spun and held a silver kunai out in defence.

"What is someone like you doing all the way out here?" The man stepped further into view, taking down his hood to reveal ivory hair pulled back into a low ponytail.

"Kabuto? Of course you'd be here." Sasuke had instantly recognised the unique features. The last time he had seen this man was during the Chunin Exams - where that other pervert had given him some hickey that was known as a 'curse mark'.

Pretty sus if you ask me.

"Sasuke? I see you've come to seek power after all these years." Kabuto smirked at the raven's pissed off expression, watching him slowly nod.