7

The Akatsuki are not looking for tailed beasts. Warning: slight gore

Indigo light dimly alit the umber brown bridge stretched across the metal walls, hollow beams holding up the long structure of dark mahogany wood. He's been here before. Standing on the planks of the bridge were two men standing opposite one another. One was dressed in an ivory robe with a prominent scare across his chin, the other with obsidian locks that trailed all the way down to his hips and flaxen coloured irises, the rest was more difficult to make out.

"You have him then?"

"Of course."

The elder male in the robe nodded in understanding, tapping his worn maple walking stick against the wood beneath his own feet.

"He'll come to look for him soon enough."

Loud beeps of an alarm disturbed the blonde's slumber.

He's had a dream like that before, in the exact same place.

Pushing the thought of the allusion to the side, Sasuke came to mind. Naruto still hasn't seen him and it's been around two weeks since the Uchiha disappeared. Orchimaru had to have something to do with it, Sasuke had said that he was going to visit him for more answers on the Hashirama cells in the first place. Although the Uzumaki was an idiot, he knew his strengths and knew that he himself couldn't take on a legendary Sanin just by himself.

After thinking in the darkness of his bedroom, an idea came to mind and he quickly got ready for the day, rushing to the Anbu hideout in his uniform.

"Lord 5th." Crouching, head bowed respectfully towards the cedar brown tiled floor, the Uzumaki addressed the Hokage before his desk covered in books and scrap paper.

"I've come to report the sightings of an Akatsuki member." Staring daggers into the floor, the blonde lied through his teeth even though he wasn't very good at it. The Hokage raised an eyebrow in curiosity in his direction.

"An Akatsuki member? Could you describe them for me?"

"The usual black cloak and red clouds outlined in white," he inhaled slowly at the pure stupidity of his lies before continuing, "They escaped over the wall and looked to be carrying scrolls." The Uzumaki's heart rate quickened as Danzo took a long pause before replying.

But to his surprise, he believed him.

"I am dispatching you right away. The Akatsuki are all S ranked criminals and should not be taken lightly. You will be alone for this mission, Naruto." Danzo stared down at the shivering blonde.

Naruto slid his coated ivory mask with thick wine red whiskers across his face. Dressed in a smokey grey chest plate and onyx ninja pants, he signalled that he was leaving. Bowing, he left the office.

Through the carved holes in his mask, he could make out the exit of Konoha as he skilfully jumped roof to roof. This was going to be one hell of a mission, but if it meant he could see Sasuke again, it would be worth it.

A few days later, the Uzumaki had arrived at the Village Hidden in the Rain. As you'd expect, it was very miserable place. Poverty was shown clearly in every aspect of the town; structures that looked like they'd collapse, to the weakened children who hid in the shadows away from the never ending downpour.

Truth be told, he knew the Akatsuki had something to do with this place - the Uzumaki had heard his fellow members talking about it back in the hideout. Taking off his Anbu appeal to not seem suspicious, he blended into the crowd to the nearest pub, his aim to hopefully collect some information on the mysterious organisation.